1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why You Must Really Fail Often, If You Want To Succeed And Make Money Online.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mkcookin, Jul 2, 2013.

I believe one of the major reasons people fail online is because they are too afraid when they take action on something they will fail.

This way of thinking will only cripple you and not let you succeed in what you aiming for.

For example there was a famous soccer player named Jimmy Greaves.
    After he finished playing he achieved a record of scoring 49 goals in a single season.

People came up to him and asked how he was able to achieve such a great record. He explained:

"I also held another, less well-known record that same season. I got the record for the highest number of goals missed. I got this as I understood the lesson that I couldn't score every time - but I definitely wouldn't score if I never even tried."

So instead of viewing each obstacle you encounter online -- don't see it as a roadblock, setback, or a waste of time.

See them as a learning opportunity. The quicker you go out and do something, then fail -- the quicker you begin to realize what works for you and what doesn't

Here are also two more stories of people who succeeded due to the fact they failed -- but they never gave up until they found a way to succeed.

1. It took Thomas Edison 1,000 tries to invent the light bulb.
      A French reporter asked, “Mr. Edison, how did it feel to fail 999 times?”
      He just smiled and replied, “Young man, I have not failed 999 times. I have simply found 999 ways how not to create a light bulb.”

2. When Walt Disney was only 26 years old, he drew a cartoon of a mouse on his sketchpad. Convinced that this drawing had the potential to be a success, he decided that he wanted to use it in a new form of film that had started to emerge called animation.

In order to achieve this, he needed to raise approximately $15,000. In today’s money, that would be about $1 million.

Walt’s bank manager laughed him out of the bank, when he heard his idea.

Undeterred Walt popped along to another bank to present his plan. He received a similar reaction. The same happened at another. And another.And another…

He visited 305 banks before he found one prepared to take a chance with him.

mkcookin, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  2. EatTheTree123

EatTheTree123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this inspirational post. It's certainly given me a boost for today!

EatTheTree123, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  3. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Very useful tips on how to be persitent and keep our dreams alive.

It is not easy to stay focus when difficult times arrive in our lives, many of us quit when things start getting tougher and ugly. Only those who truly believe in themselves and have a vision will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Internet maketing could make you feel lonely if you are working on your own from home, especially when you get stuck and you don't have anybody to turn to, for asnwers and advice. It is like finding your way in the darkness on your own.

Many of us I think, have gone through the same situation at some point in our lives. It is about fighting until the end for months, or even years without seen any result (income) from your efforts.

Faith, is the factor that we need to persever untill the end of this journey, despite our financial struggles. I hope these lines help somebody out there. Thanks

Gianni Palazzo, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  4. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Glad you enjoyed the post Tree and Gianni :)

mkcookin, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  5. EatTheTree123

EatTheTree123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”

Bill Cosby

EatTheTree123, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  6. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    This actually could help people who feel inferior to their siblings if they don't feel as successful as them. Or for people who feel inferior to old high school classmates. Our day will come. LOL

Alyssa Lochmore, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  7. Enklave

Enklave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

Enklave, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

That's why it is important to have a good support system when it comes to creating wealth. When you surround yourself with people who are not afraid to hold you accountable, they will keep you safe if you succeed in some significant ways.

It's not a secret that ever family that won a lottery jackpot ended up in a complete, utter disaster. Why? 1. Because of a sudden wealth 2. Nobody wanted to be accountable to anybody (cuz everyone got the money!).

So if you know you're about to succeed, make sure you have a good friend, spouse, family member who truly care about you, so that they could speak the truth into your life when that success / wealth tempt you to do unnecessary, silly things.

qwikad.com, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  9. Enklave

Enklave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I always saying that you must have a plan when you succeed for the first time. My way is that I reinvest 70% of earned money and the rest spent on some accessories or just take my GF to dinner to celebrate that success.
    It's importnat to know what to do in those situations. When I received a big pile of money for the first time (about $8000) I have spent all of them in 2 weeks for nothing! I just haven't no invest plan...

Enklave, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  10. ArticleForce

ArticleForce Active Member

Best Answers:
    Outstanding post. Failure is merely a stepping stone towards success. And the best time to fail is when you're young and have nothing to lose. There is no real other golden opportunity.

ArticleForce, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  11. gainsvillesun

gainsvillesun Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is awesome inspiration it motivates people like me and others to take action not because of fear of failure but because you will never know if you never try.

gainsvillesun, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  12. wickedpork

wickedpork Member

Best Answers:
    Thks... certainly encouraging!

wickedpork, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  13. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great post!!

I think that the feeling of finally finally getting something to work, succeed or just reap its just rewards comes a hell of a lot sweeter, after multiple failures. Failing, facing obstacles and being thrown two steps back with every step forward is something that is commonplace, and also something that sifts out the true gunners and determined workers from those who are in it for a quick buck, or fleeting satisfaction.

Some of the greatest people i look up to make it look incredibly easy - running a successful business, having flexible schedules, living the life. And it's easy for anyone to scoff at them having a lucky break, or complimenting them about being soooooo smart to succeed in wherever they're at. What these people fail to see, or lack the knowledge of is how many attempts, both big and small, long-drawn out and quick, they had to fall through and pick themselves up from, to get to where they are now. And while the most humble of successful people often reply such superfluous compliments with a polite nod and bashful smile, leaving the compliment-givers walking away wishing that they were innately as brilliant or lucky as they are, they know it on the inside that it was all persistent, determined hard work.

ReferralCandy, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  14. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this great, inspirational post. That's the learning process - trying, getting up and dusting yourself when you fall or slip, and doing it over again. The difference between IM and customer care is that you don't have to do it right the first time. Thanks again for this great piece.

doktu, Jul 3, 2013 IP