1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Friend has 350,000 youtube subscribers and his video has 13million views

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jerryjones, May 2, 2013.

Ok guys, heres the stats:

My friend has 350k+ subs and 30 million views in total over all his vids, his most popular vid has 13 million views.

He does public pranks and is very popular and funny.

How would you best monetise his personality/personal brand that he has created for himself?

Capture emails?
    Sell tshirts?

Also, in some of the videos he picks up girls (sort of like simple pickup).

What other merchandise can we sell? Can we sell an ebook on how to pickup girls?

We have already started capturing emails and monetising the backend with CPA offers, but what else can we do?

Also, if you guys were to pay us for a month of advertising on his youtube description box, how much do you think we could sell the adspace for?

How much would you buy it for and what would you advertise?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
    jerryjones, May 2, 2013 IP
  2. Thomas90G

Thomas90G Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Advertising and sponsorship would be the best ways to earn money via the channel, you could ask some big companies if they'd like to sponsor the channel and have their logo displayed at the beginning/end of videos or something, if they have that many views and subscribers I'm sure there'd be some company out there that would be interested.

Thomas90G, May 2, 2013 IP
    coolrohit222002 likes this.
  3. jerryjones

jerryjones Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok Thomas, but I meant more like, how can we directly monetise the traffic by selling our own merchandise?

Also, what kind of company would I even approach to offer this opportunity and how much should they pay?

4. Deez 國王

Deez 國王 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Thomas has a good idea. Before you decide on what company to approach you will need to get a better demographic of your traffic. Youtube traffic stats gives u an idea of the average age and location of your traffic. Once you understand this you can look for companies that would appeal to that age group. For example, lets say most of ur traffic comes form 18-25 year olds. Then you could approach mobile phone companies, electronics companies etc.... or promote related products even if you promote amazon products that would appeal to that demographic.

Deez 國王, May 2, 2013 IP
  5. coolrohit222002

coolrohit222002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I might be interested in advertising or even i can help your friend gain more subscribers :)

By the way, what is the country breakdown of his subscriber?
    Majority are from ??

coolrohit222002, May 2, 2013 IP
  6. TonyGE

TonyGE Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Youtube you can monotize using Google Adsense or you can sell ad space (put ads inside the video - google adword style using call action feature---if not using this yet! DO IT! Create adword style ads for yourself or paid ads...you can promote the ad space by putting a link inside it). Does he have a website for this channel? He should get a site and start sending that traffic over to his site. Then he can sell ad space on his website, build list, create membership network, even do Pay per view type advertising... he can also put content locker on his site before people can view it..this can have CPA offers or "watch 20 seconds ad video to proceed".

TonyGE, May 2, 2013 IP
  7. jerryjones

jerryjones Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answers guys. The main demographic is males aged 18 to 25.

Main countries: USA, England, Australian, Sweden

8. jerryjones

jerryjones Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically he does pranks and such, we have thought of selling tshirts with his face on it, or a slogan that he says. I think it is a good idea to create a membership site for him.

9. jerryjones

jerryjones Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone have any really good ideas as to how we could squeeze the most cash out of all these views. He definitely has a large fanbase already, so these kids would be willing to spend money on his stuff I think.

10. hrshijie

hrshijie Member

Best Answers:
    boy games

hrshijie, May 2, 2013 IP
  11. Pradip das

Pradip das Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing to us. It is really fantastic.

Pradip das, May 7, 2013 IP
  12. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alternatively, you can use ClickBank products too with your videos it is also very effective for earning money online.

SERPpoint, May 8, 2013 IP
  13. paternes

paternes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can get lots free traffic, subscribers, likes, share, followers for free at ArmyHits.com . They will nbot charge you for anything, Armyhits.com is really cool because is exchange system. all members helping other members for free! check out and start to be notice in the web and on social media!

paternes, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  14. pnp4all

pnp4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    opting adsense would be the most earning method I Believe ...

pnp4all, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  15. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Build a list. No question. That way, even if youtube bans you (not saying they will, but IF) you still retain some of your popularity.

As far was what type of stuff to promote? Try general CPA offers. Coupons and stuff like that.

CandleKeep, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  16. mukesh4bs

mukesh4bs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your friends needs to accept direct advertising, just display a 'contact for advertising' and an email...when don't have any ads...try clickbank, plimus, onenetworkdirect products....

mukesh4bs, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  17. EatTheTree123

EatTheTree123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To monetize use Google Adsense and sell merchandise. Like T-Shirts, caps etc.

EatTheTree123, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  18. gainsvillesun

gainsvillesun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sell your own unique cooky t shirts and make sure you go with a good eCommerce site and market outside of Youtube, you can join Reddit to get more views back to your ecommerce shop/site by posting the unique t shirt photos and come up with creative descriptions for your reddit submissions. Advertise on the Chive, it's a website aligned with your friend's kind of humor, could get him more views, more views is more traffic to your store

gainsvillesun, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  19. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like this You Tube user is on a roll already. Anything humor-related that makes high enough sales could help him generate quite a bit of revenue.

Alyssa Lochmore, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  20. Enklave

Enklave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The advertising is the best solution. Find company which will like his targeted traffic (I guess his visitors are young people) and put their advertising at the end of the video with some bonus materials (like another prank or behind the scenes clips...)

Enklave, Jul 3, 2013 IP