1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rankings Dropping in google

Discussion in 'SEO' started by ashokchanti, Jul 2, 2013.

Hi Everyone,
    one of my keyword is loosing its ranking gradually two weeks back it is in 4th page Google.com after that in next week on words it is dropping daily now it is in 7th page i want to know what happened to my website is there any penalty happened my site? share your thoughts that will be helpful for me and what i have to do to gain rankings fastly.

ashokchanti, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  2. Karshim Kanwar

Karshim Kanwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ensure everything is OK within Google webmaster tools.
    Next determine when those drop in ranking occurred and then correlate with nearby dates Google Panda.

Karshim Kanwar, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  3. Focl

Focl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Everything depend on your Strategy,
    Things like mass forum posting, comments spamming or unnatural link byuing can result to negative affected ranks..
    Give us more info about your marketing strategy if you want to know what are you doing wrong..

Focl, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  4. d_nov

d_nov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First thing would be to make sure your on-page seo is good. Metas, headings, alt tags etc. Dont worry about keyword density and just make sure the body text looks natural. Then check the domain and page authority of everything linking to you (mozbar addon) and disavow low authority backlinks in webmaster tools. Safest baclinks are from social media imo because if google ever devalues them to the point of hurting you, theyll be screwing over practically every fortune 500 company you can think of, possibly even themselves. And don't forget, its very possible for a tweet or facebook post to rank higher than your site.

Still, i doubt anyone can tell you anything for sure. Ever since i googled for one of my article titles (100% original) and found 7 pages with the exact same title (one with a malware warning) ranking above mine, i haven't been sure even google knows what their algorithms are doing.

d_nov, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  5. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I could give you about 15 different reasons as to why this is happening, but it would be far easier to tell you exactly what the problem is if you posted your website here.

Holla!

GuruCreation, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  6. nvidura

nvidura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How long have you been in page 4? You need to worry only if you ranked well for a specific keyword for about 1 or 2 years and now its suddenly going down. It also depends on various factors I suggest you to,
    1. Use Google keyword analytic tool to find how competitive your keyword is, if its not very competitive chance of getting your rank back is high.
    2. Check if there are any messages in your Google webmasters account if not go to step 3.
    3. Check if there are any changes in your Google crawl rate by visiting webmasters tools (if its gradually increasing don't worry you might get ranks back after some time, but if its decreasing or reached go to step 4).
    4. Check your Google webmaster tools search query log > click with change button and find how many impressions you got for that keyword and how many clicks you received and what is the change % if % is very high go to step 5.
    5. Check your analytic account intelligence Events log if there are significant alerts.
    6. Identify your major competitors and find if they have done significant changes to their websites.
    7. Review your recent link building strategies.
    8. Check if recently you have lost any of your high PR back links or your linking partners made your back links "no follow".
    9. Check if you have made significant changes to your internal link system or navigation.
    Then you will be able to find a clue. Let us know the reason, we will help you to get it resolved.

nvidura, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  7. ashokchanti

ashokchanti Member

Best Answers:

Hi Nvidura thanks for giving some information there are some fluctuations in google crawl rate although i am targetting the high competition keyword i am getting the more that 200 clicks and there is no change then what i ahave to do? and my web site is kiranivfgenetic.com

ashokchanti, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  8. racheljohn

racheljohn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please check your Google webmaster tools, if you website penalty by Google then you got some thing there. OR you can check your backlinks may be in your backlinks are some bad and unnatural links.
    Thanks,

racheljohn, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  9. nvidura

Best Answers:
    What is the keyword? You site is definitely Not penalized by Google, I see you rank at 1st place for keywords like "Surrogacy in Hyderabad", "Surrogacy Clinic in Hyderabad" or "IVF Surrogacy Clinic in India", "IVF Surrogacy Clinic in Hyderabad"

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    nvidura, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  10. ashokchanti

ashokchanti Member

Best Answers:
    its surrogacy in India

ashokchanti, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  11. nvidura

Best Answers:
    If I were you I would do 2 things.
    1. Find one PR 4 back link having Trust Rank +2 (Just one PR 4 and TR 2 back link will do the trick) from a related site with anchor text "Surrogacy in India" - One PR 4 back link will also lift your index PR to 3 next time.
    2. Then I will replace top flash animation with H1 title with some CSS design. Because your most important keywords are embedded inside flash, and it is invisible to Google.

nvidura, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  12. Wastold

Wastold Peon

Best Answers:
    Delete bad links with wm tools and slowly buy new, but high quality links. and my advice - use not more 30% of "surrogacy in India" as anchor

Wastold, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  13. Patricianian

Patricianian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe your site just lost an important chunk of links or a single high quality link, have you checked on website your links to make sure non is removed or nofollowed?

Patricianian, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  14. nvidura

Best Answers:
    No what i believe is he is loosing due to competition. Coz the keyword is highly competitive in India.

nvidura, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  15. Patricianian

Patricianian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Losing links or getting out-ranked, both ways, he need to get some more ;)

Patricianian, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  16. gainsvillesun

gainsvillesun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you've been linking the keyword unnaturally such as buying links, or article marketing with the keyword as your anchor link multiple times since this is considered to be improper backlinks. Perhaps the content on your site is not unique as a result Google is penalizing you.

gainsvillesun, Jul 3, 2013 IP
    Focl likes this.
  17. Gazzerman

Gazzerman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gazzerman, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  18. nandan bisht

nandan bisht Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think ranking down problem comes if u uses these
    1. keyword stuffing
    2.content duplicacy
    3.using more blacklings in zero page ranks(backlink stuffing)
    4.content should be appropiate
    5.using more links in same keyword
    6.over optimization
    7.pls use white hat technique to optimize your website.
    8.check your webmaster tool for wheather your site is crawl by google or not.
    seo training

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    nandan bisht, Jul 30, 2013 IP