1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Latest Methods

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ruchi Duggal, Jun 30, 2013.

I would like to know that after so much change in Google algorithm what are the major factor for SEO (On page and Off page) to consider to get high ranking and save from penalization.

Ruchi Duggal, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  2. Karshim Kanwar

Karshim Kanwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO definition has changed alot in few months.
    SEO doesn't consider now links from Social bookmarking sites, Web Directories sites, comments.
    Its of more often on how you promote your site in Social networking sites, readers interest, Content of your site, website design & still more evolving.

Karshim Kanwar, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  3. racheljohn

racheljohn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to me right now, Social media and High Quality Guest post are working.

racheljohn, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  4. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Getting a lot of page 1 SERPS for your website(s) in competitive markets using these methods for your SEO are you?

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  5. praveen1

praveen1 Member

Best Answers:
    I do not think so Google does not consider links of Social bookmarking, Blog comments etc. If it would be then Google does not count them as useful and will not show us in Webmaster panel. But it shows those links, that means importance is still there but yes, now days Quality with diverse anchor formula need to be used in those networks.

and others as everyone said, SMO, Content marketing, infographics etc are the latest techniques.

Thanks
    Praveen Sharma

praveen1, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  6. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The logic still holds true - domain age, quality backlinks and social signals/traffic is important to ranking.

Slincon, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  7. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Social Media is good for instant traffic, it will NOT help you for SEO! Guest blogging and Social Bookmarking sites are good, also forum and article marketing if you have the time to do it! :)

patco, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  8. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    The latest methods are good old links, however, slightly reconsidered: now it's better to get contextual backlinks and co-citations/co-occurrences (while optimizing for local search). That's why the methods like guest blogging and article marketing gained popularity. But all these methods are still about links which have to be accompanied with 'great' content and placed on relevant sources only. As for social media signals, they do correlate with site’s visibility in SEs, especially this concerns social signals from Google+.

Kianu42, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  9. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've just been reading a few articles on the popular blogs SERoundTable and SearchEngineLand and SearchEngineWatch. The general consensus is that building backlinks is no longer the way forward. They went on to mention that quality relevant content is the way forward. Apparently one large PR8 website was hit with Panda, and it turned out that it was a mixture between a revenue gaining page and the actual content which was data used uniquely but that was duplicated on other websites.

Read more about it here: http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2278413/After-Google-Panda-Standout-Content-is-Essential

scottlpool2003, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  10. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google is moving away from most "off-page" methods, so ignore all of the "get backlinks" advice. Off-page factors G seems to lean toward more and more is how you utilize social networks, mainly Google+ (of coarse). The primary focus now more than ever is using proper on-page methods, optimizing pages for users and "real world search".

SearchBliss, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  11. tampahomes90

tampahomes90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Back links are still valuable in SEO only those who comes from high authority sites and relevant sites. Put unique and fresh content at your site for visitors. If they found it useful and interesting they will visit your site again and again.

tampahomes90, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  12. VanessaMeacham

VanessaMeacham Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with patco that Social Media is not helping factor for SEO. but karshim kanwar who told that SEO doesn't consider now links from Social bookmarking sites, Web Directories sites, comments. I want to know where you read that thing. I never read that. High quality backlinks are always help in SEO. Forum, blog comments and Guest post is good activity.

VanessaMeacham, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  13. jordan.j7

jordan.j7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for letting us know about this, a quation raised in my mind that How to get quality backlinks in google? Can you please explain it to me?
    Thanks in advance.

jordan.j7, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  14. suzyjews

suzyjews Member

Best Answers:
    For me personally, homepage incontext backlinks from authoritative domains with good metrics and great backlink profiles always provide results. You can set your own personal blog network up on different hosting accounts and control your backlink profile to use as tier 1 links.

Its only a matter of time before Google devalues Web2.0's to combat the Ultimate Demon and SENuke brigade.

suzyjews, Jul 2, 2013 IP
    Vebry Exa, dalcomp and zetttaxco like this.
  15. PPC Nerd

PPC Nerd Member

Best Answers:
    Rent High PageRank links. Use exact match on the rented links and diversify your anchors on all your crappy links (social bookmarks, articles, web 2.0s, etc). Period.

PPC Nerd, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  16. colleeseo

colleeseo Member

Best Answers:
    Guest blog is best way to get back link,

colleeseo, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  17. Kevin001

Kevin001 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After Penguin update the Seo Traditional link building is gone. Right now seo industry trying natural Link building techniques.

Kevin001, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  18. colleeseo

colleeseo Member

Best Answers:
    can you explain me what does means of Traditional link building? ... i think Guest blog,pr,article social networking that's not related to that.. i m right?

colleeseo, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  19. Kevin001

Kevin001 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

According to me, Goal of Penguin 2.0 appears to be to reduce the rank of sites that are using black-hat SEO techniques that includes items such as keyword stuffing, cloaking, or participating in link schemes. You could see the recent Matt Cutts’ video that explain about Penguin 2.0 will be rolling out. if you have not participated in any of the above mentioned black-hat techniques and haven’t undertaken any “traditional” mass link building efforts, you should be okay?

Kevin001, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  20. itarticle

itarticle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes.. and press release also

itarticle, Jul 3, 2013 IP