1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

hashtags or no hashtags ?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Vrindavan, Jun 26, 2013.

If the keyword is already in your post,
    Is it better to convert the keyword into hashtags ?

Which is better ?

Vrindavan, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  2. CaliStyle

CaliStyle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which Social Network would you be referring too? If you are talking about Twitter or Instagram, then yes, go for it. I try to hashtag as often as I can. If you are talking about Facebook, then I say no, not for a while. Hashtags are very new on Facebook and many people are not yet accustom to them. I have found that many people on Facebook actually do not like them. I think this is because many of them are not familiar with twitter and hastags. Eventually, this will change though. I just would not want to scare anyone off because you are hashtagging all over the place on Facebook.

CaliStyle, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I hashtag all my keywords when I post on Twitter. I don't even think about it anymore I just do it. It helps to be found in searches. I am not sure about Facebook. I see people using them, but they are not really active hashtags, so I don't see any point of using them there.

qwikad.com, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  4. Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic Active Member

Best Answers:
    My advice is always include hash tags into your posts!
    It's proven that hashtags work on Twitter and Facebook recently add them too.
    You can get bigger social reach if you're using hashtags!

Branko Zecevic, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  5. rihannsu

rihannsu Member

Best Answers:
    Unless I'm using Twitter on the web, I always put in hashtags. It's beyond my why I can't reTweet a post on Twitter.com and not put in a hashtag. I can on my iPhone, Kindle and any other kind of mobile Twitter site.

I really can't do without them. If I'm re-Tweeting and the original author didn't put in a hashtag, I put one in when I'm reTweeting.

rihannsu, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  6. Vrindavan

Vrindavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    >> Unless I'm using Twitter on the web, I always put in hashtags. It's beyond my why I can't reTweet a post on Twitter.com and not put in a hashtag. I can on my iPhone, Kindle and any other kind of mobile Twitter site.

confused. what do you mean ?

Vrindavan, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  7. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    If on Twitter, I tend to view people or accounts who #hashtag #every #damn #thing as overdoing their efforts in trying to gain more social media outreach. Bad hashtagging can even pass off as being desperate sometimes. Hashtagging really works when you're tweeting from a major event that tons of people are paying attention to, or physically attending as well. #elections2013 #stpatricksday #beerfest

Bad hashtagging: Obama talks about his #love for #cheesesteak at the elections!
    Good hashtagging: #Obama talks about his love for cheesesteak at #elections2013

How does everyone feel about Facebook hashtags anyway? There's an anti-Facebook-hashtag Facebook group called "Leave Your Hashtags On Twitter" hahaha.

ReferralCandy, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  8. sharondzouza

sharondzouza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Really well explained and good examples given. I completely second your opinion.

sharondzouza, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  9. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use hashtags sometimes when I feel that I should use them..

VukasinI, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  10. dsmpub

dsmpub Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hashtags are very helpful, but you shouldn't overuse them. Your updates should flow naturally. Find keywords that fit your content, and then convert them into hashtags.

dsmpub, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  11. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Using relevant hashtags will be very useful but make sure that you'll use it with a purpose don't "#try #this" it may affect your whole post. It might be link to unwanted conversation if not managed.

12. Endless Rain

Endless Rain Member

Best Answers:
    I have only used hashtags in the end of my twitter posts. I am slowly getting accustomed to using it in my postings in facebook. There are no right or wrong way to use hashtags. But I found it more useful when used in twitter.

Endless Rain, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  13. dxter

dxter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    +1 for hashtags

dxter, Jul 9, 2013 IP