1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Punished by Google Again?!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by g0kh4n, Jun 11, 2013.

I'm really tired of it. I have published an ecommerce 6 months ago but I haven't got any idea about managing a web page and SEO when I doing it :) So there were lots of stupid SEO mistakes and poor content on my site and filtered by google. I totally agree with google filtering my site. Anyways, I decided to move new domain and start over everything from scratch, I tried to make everything perfect this once.

- I've prepared %100 unique content for each product.
    - Optimized everything. It's loading faster than the old site.
    - Unique meta descriptions for each product.
    - Unique titles for each product.
    - Added Rich snippets.
    - I haven't generated Keyword and tag this time, maybe in future.
    - product-name-key-word.html url structure.
    - Every categories are canonical now, previous site had 800+ duplicate meta descriptions and titles.
    - I'm adding 2-3 products per day.

New site is on 6th day. It was rising until this morning. When I check webmaster tools I see that impressions and click has fallen again. When I search my domain name it has fallen from 2nd to 8th.

I suspect from two things:

- I didn't change the hosting plan. New domain is using same IP with old domain.
    - I disallowed some pages with Robots.txt.

I'm investing for my business and paying tax. Why google punish me again? When I search for something, why it brings most useless pages then? I will smash my computer soon.

g0kh4n, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  2. g0kh4n

g0kh4n Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Again no reply from anyone. And special thanks to google spiders for indexing useless url's that I disallowed with Robots.txt.

I really don't understand why it's indexing stupid pages instead of full of unique content product pages. I'm really getting mad of this.

g0kh4n, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  3. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    If you're starting from scratch, chances are Google is still figuring out what to do with your site. Usually called "The Google Dance" or "Honeymoon Period," it can take time before Google processes and indexes all your stuff and decides where it should be.

Just concentrate on putting out good, organized, SEO optimized content that your readers will enjoy and wait for your ranking to stabilize. Then, you can look at making adjustments.

SEO isn't an overnight strategy. If you're looking for instant results, you'll never find them without doing Adwords pay-per-click. Organic search is a long-term play and can take time to benefit from.

Good luck.

Thriftypreneur, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  4. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's too early to say Google is "punishing" you again. You just put up the site again so search engines are still determining your site's relevance for its target keyword. It's normal at this time for it to go in and out of the SERPs.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  5. suzyjews

suzyjews Member

Best Answers:
    Give it time. A new site gets new love from Google until it decides where it should rank based on site metrics and a whole lot of other factors. After the Google dance the site will then settle to the palce that it should of entered the index.

Set yourself a content strategy and promotion campaign to gather a larger audience and more traffic dont just rely on Google to send you traffic because if your backlinking or paying for services its only a matter of time before a new algo comes along and wipes you out. build a business and build for the future to protect yourself, good luck

suzyjews, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  6. amengineer

amengineer Peon

Best Answers:
    Continue on your SEO Strategy, it is too early to say google punish you. Like Triffpreneur mention, you maybe experiencing the Google Dance period.

amengineer, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  7. Chip_Paulson

Chip_Paulson Peon

Best Answers:
    You could have inbound links that don`t lead to any of your current pages...

Chip_Paulson, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  8. ZombieNation

ZombieNation Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is only 6 days old? What do you expect. You need to have more patience.

ZombieNation, Aug 31, 2013 IP
  9. KevinBrowne

KevinBrowne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    With a new domain, it now takes months for you to get the love from the big "g".

Keep adding content.

Interlink your pages in a deep way...meaning use in text anchor text in your copy to link to other pages.

The only way to play with Google is to add content.

KevinBrowne, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  10. Haresh Patel

Haresh Patel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to give it time....

Haresh Patel, Dec 13, 2013 IP