1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just do it.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by .hawaii, Jul 1, 2013.

Here's a great piece of business advice that was given to me.
    It's the Nike slogan. Just do it.

Maybe you've had an idea for weeks, months or years. Maybe you're holding back because your idea is going to cost real money, and you are worried it might not work out... Life is short... You will never succeed if you don't take at least some calculated risks.

So whatever your dream is, don't worry about the "what ifs" or the doubts about weather you can succeed or not... Just pick a specific goal, write down how you plan to get there, then just do it!

.hawaii, Jul 1, 2013 IP
    Gianni Palazzo likes this.
  2. SeoBoom

SeoBoom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nah... I would rather go with: Just do it wisely! :)
    As I see it, the main reason why people don't succeed or don't start a project/business is that they want to create a great product without any investment of theirs. And this is awfully wrong.
    So, first of all, I would advise people to calculate a provisionally budget they need and can spend, get this money, and simply invest them. This way they'll focus their attention on the work and will try to get this money back, preferably more.

SeoBoom, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  3. carlosx2

carlosx2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say it is a good slogan, but without the right approach you could be losing a lot of cash and time. Better first figure out how you are going to do and make a good business plan and then execute it.

carlosx2, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I tend to agree with the "just do it" approach. While I am all for entrepreneurship, after all one needs to have a set of skills and calculate the risks, sometimes just having a blind faith and going on it despite all the naysayers, is the only way you can achieve success.

qwikad.com, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  5. marl09

marl09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just do it if you have the money to invest i now HOW

marl09, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  6. .hawaii

.hawaii Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's true that you don't just want to jump into something and waste money. However if you have a solid idea that you think is worth investing in- but fear is the only thing holding you back- just do it. Still be smart as you can about it, but give it a go.

.hawaii, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  7. gainsvillesun

gainsvillesun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say just do it especially if you do not need a whole lot of money to start, what's holding you back. Lots of people suffer from Analysis by Paralysis, then years pass by and 20 years from now, I think the worst feeling would be to know that your dreams died not because somebody killed them for you, but because you killed them yourself through doubting and thinking you are not capable of greatness.

Most of the influential entrepreneurs today would never have revolutionized & changed the world if they waited until they had a solid plan in place before starting, - most of them learned as they went. If you have something you believe the world can benefit from, it will be a shame to be an old man/woman years from now, lying on your bed wishing it was you that brought it to life!

gainsvillesun, Jul 3, 2013 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  8. Andrew M. Warner

Andrew M. Warner Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My motto has always been to "just do it". That's the problem with many "opportunity seekers" who want to be entrepreneurs ... they never just do it. Now most of you wrote to just do it wisely ... or with a plan. I agree with that 100%. Going into to something ... anything blindly will almost assure failure. Though failure is a good thing to learn from, you certainly want to TRY to avoid it as much as you possibly can.

Andrew M. Warner, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  9. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

Well said.

You couldn't say it better. I like your advice.

Thanks for the push to success.

All the best.

Gianni.

By the way, check the video below for some inspiration

and this other

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    Gianni Palazzo, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  10. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree sometimes you just have to "shit or get off the pot". In other words you need to just START somewhere, stop sitting around and TAKE ACTION.

ninjamtlt1, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  11. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did it!

Now I need new goal to just do new things :)

Auxi, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure first that you have the money. (cash flow) Then be sure that you can devote the time needed to see the thing through.
    Study all your possible business expenses. Have a ready clientele waiting in the wings. Is there a market, a niche for your business?
    Make sure that you have good credit, and check out government subsidies and secure government loans if applicable.
    Entertain the possibility of getting a business partner, secure advance sales.

Done all this have you? Good......*now* just do it!

Spoiltdiva, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  13. Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Plan without action is nothing!
    So take action and believe in yourself!
    Don't try to be perfect!
    Even if you fail (everybody makes failures),
    it still can be a good thing if you learn something from it!

Branko Zecevic, Jul 9, 2013 IP