1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tired of writing, how about re-blogging?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by zambala, Jun 22, 2013.

Hello,

May be somebody knows - how it will be if I would post on my website along with my original articles also non-original (re-blogged) content?! Say 50/50 ?! What google would say?

I mean, I am writing my own articles and trying to do it good, but it seems too slow....Currently I can write approximately 15-17 articles per month; so after some 3-4 moths I have around 60 good articles, which are driving some traffic....

But I have an idea - what would be, if I would post also good articles of others.....at least until I have a time to re-write them....?! It could be still interesting for those who have found my other articles on subject....

And, no, I don't plan on buying articles, because to write good articles it would be required to be a really good expert on subject with many years of experience, like me....And it's not easy to find.... and I don't want cheap articles just to take some place....

zambala, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  2. Martin Coleman

Martin Coleman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mate, 15-17 new articles per month is enough for any site. you dont need to re-blog which is basically to steal others articles.

Martin Coleman, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  3. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are other ways to add content to your site that does not involve "re-blogging".
    -Offer guest posting. People blog on your site in exchange for leaving their link and by-line in the article.
    -Purchase articles.
    -Hire a writer or writers to write articles for you.

Don't add content (articles, blog posts) to your site that you don't have the permission to use. It won't do you much good, if any, in the search engines and it certainly won't leave a good impression with your site visitors if they see the same articles that they have seen on other sites. They will just simply move on to another site, never to return to your site again, much less purchase anything from you or click links you want them to click. You would simply be wasting the traffic you worked hard to get.

TextServices, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  4. joshuthomas

joshuthomas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dear friend,

using others articles can be said as temporarily copying and thats not good for your blog's credibility as well as you could get penalized by search engine algorithms that are pretty smart enough nowadays to judge duplicate content. Even if your website is growing slower, let it grow healthy.

another alternative, you could accept guest post or get a paid writer on board.
    cheers, Josh

joshuthomas, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  5. alinasandor

alinasandor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Copying other people's content and using it on your blog can get your Adsense account closed by Google. I wish more people understood this.

alinasandor, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  6. Roy Harmon

Roy Harmon Member

Best Answers:
    Write more! Don't let laziness creep into your projects. Self-discipline is like a muscle, if you let it atrophy you'll find yourself cutting corners more and more.

Here's some unsolicited advice:

Figure out what your goal is. WHY you want more articles. I'm assuming it's to drive more traffic to your blog. So forget about plagiarizing- I mean, "re-blogging"- and write that goal on a piece of paper somewhere that you'll see it every morning when you wake up. Then buy a little notebook.

Determine a metric by which you can gauge your progress towards your goal (e.g., unique visitors per day) and take note of it each morning in that little notebook. Then, each night, write what you've done to achieve that goal. Don't worry about making yourself do anything you don't want to do. Just measure your progress and keep track of what you're doing (if anything) to achieve your goal.

Do that for two weeks, then you're ready for Phase 2.

Roy Harmon, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  7. adamprattler

adamprattler Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    install guest post module on your site then contact other site owners and convince them to post

adamprattler, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  8. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Taking content from others and reposting it is blatant plagiarism. Adsense does not accept this, and it is dishonest behavior.

ViolentAJ, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  9. fare

fare Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're writing 15 - 17 quality articles, it should already be sufficient. What matters is the quality of the article that will keep your readers to return in the future.

I would not advice you to re-blog the content wholesale. If you would like to direct your readers attention to an interesting article, you can extract an abstract of the article, give credits to the original writer and post the link to the original article.

fare, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  10. rihannsu

rihannsu Member

Best Answers:
    Am I totally misunderstanding what you're saying? Are you saying that you're taking other people's work and re-writing it? That's copyright infringement and your ISP will eventually get a Cease and Desist letter. Legal action= no fun.

Plus Google will ding the living daylights out of you if you try to do that.

I agree that your best bet is to bring in some guest bloggers. As a writer, I find it offensive that you think that another writer would be unable to "become an expert" without "many years of experience." Unless a writer is writing a personal account of how they learned a process, it's possible to do some research and learn how to write about virtually anything.

And while I understand that it's hard to spend money on getting professional services when you're just starting, some times you have spend money to make money. Are you planning on earning money from your own website? Then you can afford to pay a writer.

rihannsu, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  11. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the responses here are a bit short sighted.

First of all there are sites that specifically allow their content to be re-published. My Dutch blogs for example, contain only unique work written by me. However, I specifically added a copyrights page stating it is fine to re-publish them.

So, re-blogging is not automatically copyright infringement or theft. Second, because of that Adsense or Google can not make this distinction and usually only act in case it is clear the content was ripped from somewhere else or when they receive a complaint about a site. Re-blogging however, won't do anything for your rankings, in fact it helps the rankings of the site the content was originally published on. In my opinion a win/win, which is why I allow it :D

So to recap: Smart move? Nope. Illegal? Not always, but possible if you re-publish content without consent of the author.

Kraven2, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  12. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're publishing enough content on your blog as is. There is no need to resort to re-blogging. As one member here has pointed out, you do not have to re-blog as well. You can offer guest post which is a win-win for you and the writer. You get a backlink from his site when he mentions the blog post he made on your site, and he gets a backlink through the guest post he made on your site. You can also purchase PLR packs you can re-write. They come in handy when you are feeling lazy to write original content. Another is to purchase an article or have a pro write it for you.

So many options, really.

Have a good day!

affilorama, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  13. anw001

anw001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If by re-blogging you mean 'content curation', then you can do it legally and ethically by following certain rules and guidelines. Content curation is a strategy which is used by many top websites and blogs around the world. But learn more about it and find out what things are allowed and which are not allowed to stay on the safer side.

anw001, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  14. sircurtis

sircurtis Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with anwoo1. I just read an article where one person was doing this completely on his website. He was doing it to give his visitors a single place to find targeted information something like a news site.

Google seemed to like his site a ton for the simple reason that he has return visitors getting useful content on blogging. I don't see this as stealing their information in fact it seems to help other bloggers by giving them a source of steady traffic. He does not post the whole content just parts in quotes.

I will say that he follows STRICT RULES to do it correctly. Mentioning the source, writer, website page or any other useful info for the reader to find and get top quality info about that piece or article. I believe is was on digitalpoints that the article started at. If I can find it I will post about it again.

sircurtis, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  15. zambala

zambala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for answers, but I don't see much help here.
    I' m a professional in the field and my articles are very good, like a small scientific researches in the field...
    It usually takes some 2-3 days of hard work to gather all necessary information to ponder over and to write; I have around 100 visitors a day....
    But after some 5 moths of this...I am pumped out...getting mad.....I can't continue this forever for some 0.60 cent a moth....
    I don't know how you are doing that...
    I'm sick and mad now.....I can see still a huge work ahead just to cover the field; but ...

zambala, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  16. zambala

zambala Active Member

Best Answers:
    And about "pro writers" or "PLR"....
    My site is about religions, spirituality, spiritual practice, inner experiences, psychological issues on the way, philosophical problems...
    - This would be just impossible for a person from street to understand it and put in their articles....They would have to be living with it, experiencing it, being insiders.....
    Without it it wouldn't be possible to write and I don't want somebody would do some parrots job just for writing some cheap articles....

zambala, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  17. sircurtis

sircurtis Member

Best Answers:
    ~Zambala, What I am about to write is all only to help you, it is not in any way to criticize. Please don't take it in a bad light. I see how it could be taken in the wrong way but this is not my goal... Please read on.~

I'm curious why you would be running out of information to write with a religious blog. The Bible is full of passages that can be elaborated on. Each paragraph of the Bible is a whole article unto it's self and in many cases tons more. Let me explain;

When people are looking in to Biblical passages, they are looking to put it into practice in their life. Since most of the Bible is written as a riddle or 'In Tongues'. First an explanation is needed for anyone to understand it.

Since the Bible seems to be written for everyone I believe that there is no wrong answer. An example of this is when the asked Moses to go to Mount Sinai and take down notes which became the 10 commandments. Moses went back to deliver these tablets and he broke them because hist people were committing great sins.

Each piece of this passage has a meaning for us even today. Every part can be broken down and explained. Just from one passage I can think of 8 to 10 pages that can be written from it.

You have:
    the Burning Bush,
    the 10 Commandments,
    the who, what, where of Mount Sinai,
    who the Israelites were,
    Sins of the Golden Calf which were the sins Moses's people were actively taking part in and the reason he broke the first set of 10 Commandments,
    when he came back he ordered the Levites to kill all the sinners, so "who are the Levites?" is a good question to answer.

All these and more can be explained and really should be explained to a reader because it comes from one single passage in the Bible. You should assume your reader has never read the Bible and is there to get real information. You could get into the Historical proof of the account, in other words what can History prove this day that coincides with each passage. Since a great deal of the Bible requires Faith then there may not be any proof or Historical data.

One more reason why I brought this passage up. God sent the 10 Commandments back with Moses to his people to help them. It is reasonable to assume that his people were common people with a general knowledge about things. God is all knowing and all seeing. God would have had these tablets written for everyone to enjoy and benefit from, not just the most educated of Moses's people. We should also take into consideration that maybe, just maybe the whole Bible was written like this. Since the Bible is God's laws, regulations and guidelines for mankind. Why wouldn't the normal man such as you and I have the ability to translate the Bible.

So with that being said you may have someone write articles for you but you should take the time to rewrite it into your words. To show your take on events in the Bible as you see it happen if that is the path your taking with your blog or site. Since your now a writer of a blog or site you should keep an open mind to what others are saying or get the main gist of whats going on in their mind. It may help you to see what your 'trying to put down on paper' as the case may be.

To keep on topic with re-blogging. This is a PRIME example of Googles content writing out the window. There is only one Bible though some of the words have been changed down threw the years. By this I mean that the events in the Bible do not change and can not just because Google says they want unique content. Re-blogging is to be expected no matter what. This to me is one of those topics where no matter what you write, you are correct... We all have a unique brain with unique thoughts, ideas and experiences.

hope this helps :)

sircurtis, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  18. zambala

zambala Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, no, I'm not out of information....
    I'm just sick and tired to write very good...
    Actually I don't care much about Bible; it's much more about Buddhist and Hinduism meditations, mantras, health methods, but also with big respect regarding Christian saints, but more in the way of psychology and inner path to that level, not like I would care much about what is or not written in Bible, which would be more usual and superficial way to see religions.

zambala, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  19. sircurtis

sircurtis Member

Best Answers:
    That makes a bunch of sense ^^ and I am glad you took it the right way.

I do want to make another comment and it is sort of a question as it goes in my head.

There is a ton of information that suggests that article farms are bad links according to Google. I see it more than just forum chatter these days. Google seems to be getting so picky ...

There has been a direct correlation between signatures and links in signatures that Google does not like. People have been using signatures to create traffic flows to their site to make money for years and Google is penalizing for it. (good job google ; ; )

So my question or concern is. If re-blogging gives a signature with a link and your not the author, isn't that the same scenario as posting an article to an article farm with a signature and links? Will we get penalized for this also?

P.S. I do see that Google is ranking sites higher when a site has a bunch of interlinking going on. Topic, sub-topic referring.

sircurtis, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  20. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are doing well when you write 15 articles per month - that is an article in two days. What you need to do is add traffic to your site by link building, start with that. Then you can think of creating a link wheel, and spin some articles on your second or third tier sites on your wheel. Otherwise, for your money site, don't copy or hire someone, do it yourself, and continue writing original articles like you are doing.

doktu, Jul 15, 2013 IP