1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are your favorite wordpress seo plugin combinations?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Defcon1Media, Jun 28, 2013.

I just released an article last night on my favorite seo plugin combinations for wordpress currently. I believe there isn't a right or wrong combination, unless your new to seo and have a bad mix of useless plugins but even so, you test, fail and learn. That's the key to seo, you wont reach success until you have failed a few times and learned from your mistakes.

I will just list a few of my favorite plugins here, with these combined it will increase your on-page Search Engine Optimization efforts greatly. These plugins are 100% Free.

Wordpress SEO by YOAST

This one is revolutionary in my opinion. It's great for starters and experts alike. For starters this will teach you and give you hints on how to structure your articles, pages and more. For experts and beginners alike, it will save a lot of time because you'll learn exactly what to do and how to do it. There are many more options with this one.

Google Places

This one is more for businesses, if you don't know you can sign up and add your business to the google local business directory, the power of this plugin is in the source not seen to the visible eye. I normally tie this in to our business information, map and location on either our about page or the homepage.

AskApache Google 404

A nice little innovation 404 Error Page Plugin here. Having a nice 404 page helps greatly when users land on a bad link or page that doesn't exist anymore. This nifty plugin will show related articles/pages that are relative to the query they searched for to land on said page by the keywords. It will also list a nicely site map type section in there as well.

Google XML Sitemaps

Google XML Sitemaps plugin automatically keeps your map freshly updated by your preferences and increases search engine crawls which in turn will help your pages index faster and more efficiently. If you have a website that focuses on the following: Videos, Images, or Mobile, check out these other plugins. I personally use all of them. Google XML Sitemap for Images, Google XML Sitemap for Videos, Google XML Sitemap for Mobile.

SEO Friendly Images

A simple but efficient plugin for adding alt and title attributes to all of your images. I've manage to rank heap loads of images in the Google Images Search Page by using this plugin, I would consider this or something similar a must have.

WP Super Cache

Load times are a big factor in your website and page scoring. This plugin will cache a page as often as you set it to thus showing them a saved page that will allow it to load much faster instead of freshly loading a new page for every single vistor that lands on your website. When editing I turn this plugin off to get a real time view of my page as it's being designed. Once the job is complete all you have to do is flip the switch and your good to go. Another plugin for compressing images to down size load times is WP Smush.IT , check it out if interested.

You can see a complete list on our Website SEO Blog here Best Wordpress SEO Plugins

What are some of your favorite WordPress plugins and seo plugin combinations? I'd love to hear em and test some new ones.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    Defcon1Media, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  2. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Site maps is good but bwp one is better IMHO

SEO friendly images is a def no no in my books and one that gets dropped when you learn some good SEO as it can't see images so can't do the job correctly

btw title of this thread is very misleading though...

Revelations-Decoder, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  3. Defcon1Media

Defcon1Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO Friendly Images works great for me,. Explain to me why you think it doesn't see images?

The purpose of this plugin is to automatically add the proper alt attributes to images, having keywords and phrases set in your alt tag for each image is crucial and this plugin saves time. I gain a lot of traffic for various websites through Google Images due to this nifty little plugin.

How is this misleading? I've asked and shared my favorite combo of WordPress plugins. This mix of plugins I use has been a complete success.

I'm interested in hearing what others favorite combos are and why.

Defcon1Media, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  4. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I only use Yoast and sometimes sitemaps, but I think all those plugins are overrated, you can do just fine without any of them.

syda, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  5. Defcon1Media

Best Answers:
    I don't think they are overrated at all, it really depends on what niche or industry your website is in. If you run a blog, you wouldn't use google places plugin, if you run a local business, then google places helps greatly. That statement is pretty broad in my opinion.

Same goes for caching and various other plugins, if you run a small website then you really don't need to worry about caching pages and compressing files for better load times. I did a test a couple of months ago on how load times effect seo and concluded that it's a huge part of the scoring process.

I had a site that was bogged down with bad load times and sitting on page 10-14 for my target keyword. I cut down those bad load times and got the site loading very quickly, Moved up to page 2 within less than a week.

In SEO , the smallest changes and tweaks can make all of the difference. I try not to overlook anything.

There's many factors that go into a quality website and rankings, using this mix of these plugins with proper back linking has given me first page rankings in as little as a week. My list changes as time moves on while new plugins hit the scene and others stop being developed.

Defcon1Media, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  6. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to use one or two plugins which work for all the purposes..

Using too many plugins is not too good, it may affect page load speed as well!

SERPpoint, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  7. Defcon1Media

Best Answers:
    Using way too many plugins is bad news all together. It all depends on what plugins you are using, some are programmed poorly and lag up a blog pretty bad, I've had it happen a couple of times. For those who are going to use many plugins, I'd advise not using a shared host. If you're into SEO you shouldn't be using one anyway.

For the most part these plugins are pretty light weight and you'll see little to no effect. I currently use 20 plugins and have no problem. I'd advise trying different variations of these combinations out to fit your websites needs, I'd love to hear of progress.

Defcon1Media, Jun 30, 2013 IP