1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Diagnose My Website

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Jake Howard, Jun 28, 2013.

Hi All,

I have been having some troubles with my website, and I was hoping some of you might be able to take a look at it, and let me know if you can see some of the technical things that I have done wrong based on the following

- The site can't be accessed from certain computers / networks
    - Some computers can only access the site without the "www."
    - Some basic SEO tasks may not have been completed properly
    - There may be certain elements or pages not displaying correctly.

The website is www.plasticprinting.com.au

Please let me know if any of you can spot anything wrong with it, and also if you have any suggestions for fixing the problems.

Cheers

Jake

Jake Howard, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  2. djromanof

djromanof Member

Best Answers:
    - The only reason why someone would not be able to access the website is that you have blocked certain IPs in some way. Other than that, if the site is brand new (1-2 days old) then maybe the nameservers have not yet propagated sufficiently but I would guess it is older than that.

- I can access both the www version as well as the no-www version. I think however that you should just choose one and update your htaccess so that the one redirects to the other. It doesn't really matter which one you choose.

- SEO wise everything looks fine. I would probably decrease the length of your description however according the Google's guidelines so that it appears complete in the search rankings. The only other comment I can think of is that you are probably overstuffing the word "signs" in your initial text but not too much so maybe it won't be a problem.

- Everything looks fine on my computer. It is a good looking website! Best of luck!

djromanof, Jun 28, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    In addition to the above very good advice:

I would make sure every single page has a unique meta description as they currently do not. It is not a ranking factor, but a sales pitch. You want the most relevant and enticing description as possible in your search results.

The title is incomplete on this page: http://www.plasticprinting.com.au/corflutesigns/

Use the "|" as a separator rather than a "-". You have been inconsistent with its use throughout your site. A pipe ("|") makes the separation clearer, the titles more readable. You can then use "-" in titles without confusion.

Put your Facebook link somewhere more obvious than the footer.

By the way, regarding the problems with accessing your site, collect the error messages and then you'll understand what the fault is (DNS, blocked IP, etc). I have a feeling it's DNS related.

Set up a blog and take advantage of Pinterest, as your subject is very visual.

ryan_uk, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  4. RHS-Chris

RHS-Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jake,

You have some DNS issues that could cause the problems with certain people being able to access and other cannot. Your name servers listed at your registrar are:
    ns1.plasticprinting.com.au
    ns2.plasticprinting.com.au

The server those two point to are reporting that you should be using:
    ns1.dewdropbd.net
    ns2.dewdropbd.net

This can cause ISP's not to cache your DNS results, as they have an error in them. You have two options, change the name servers at your registrar to the dewdropbd name servers, or, change the name servers listed in your zone file on the server to the plasticprinting.com.au name servers.

Regards,
    Chris

RHS-Chris, Jun 28, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.