1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is defference between bounce rate and exit rate?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by promowebeveron, Mar 26, 2013.

I want to know What is defference between bounce rate and exit rate

promowebeveron, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  2. navynav17

navynav17 Member

Best Answers:
    Read this article to know differences between bounce rate and exit rate http:/support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2525491

navynav17, Mar 26, 2013 IP
    JohnScott likes this.
  3. JiniOnline

JiniOnline Member

Best Answers:
    There is slight but important difference between them. If a visitor visits a webpage and exit from that page, it is called as bounce but if the visitor visit a webpage and go to another webpage/webpages of the website and exit, the percentage of the visitor that leaved the site from that page and total visit of that page.
    For more info on this, go: http://www.hmtweb.com/blog/2007/08/bounce-rate-and-exit-rate-what-is.html

JiniOnline, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  4. Ritu yadav

Ritu yadav Member

Best Answers:
    1. For all pageviews to the page, the exit rate is the percentage that were the last in the session.
    2. For all sessions that start with the page, bounce rate is the percentage that were the only one of the session.
    3. The bounce rate calculation for a page is based only on visits that start with that page.

Ritu yadav, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  5. tekkers

tekkers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi

the bounce rate is when someone lands on any webpage in your site and then just "bounces" off without visiting any other pages or links in the site

the exit rate is when someone lands on any webpage on your site, interacts with the webpage goes to a different page etc and then leaves the site

just say if i use a certain keyword search such as cheap computers now when i receive the search results for this term if i click on the first webpage and then "bounce" off the site quickly what this tells a search engine is that the website is not really appropriate for the search term because the end user did not stay on the site for long or did not interact with the site

on the other hand an "exit" shows a person stayed on the site for a while interacted with the site and left

a high bounce rate shows a site needs more work on its content, target audience and keyword specificity

tekkers, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  6. project2501

project2501 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also, Google pays way more attention to your bounce rate than to your exit rate when I comes to judging the quality of your site (and thus affecting your SERP ranking)

project2501, May 5, 2013 IP
  7. puredigits

puredigits Active Member

Best Answers:
  8. kanikaseo

kanikaseo Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors that hits your website on a given page and do not navigate and leave your site. i.e a person leaves your site without visiting any other page.

Exit Rate is the percentage of visitors that leave your site from a given page on the number of visits to that page the visitor who exits might have visited other pages on your site, but just exited on that specific page.

Bounce rate is negative for any website.

Exit rate can be negative or positive for your website For example : a person comes to your blog, read it and then leave might not be negative but a person comes to your website and then about us page and after that click on contact us, do not fill the form and leave may not be positive.

kanikaseo, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  9. anuragswebstreet

anuragswebstreet Member

Best Answers:
    I have a query. If a user lands on my homepage, likes my facebook button and left my site. Will bounce rate matters in this case or is it calculated?

anuragswebstreet, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  10. kanikaseo

kanikaseo Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Thanks for your question :

Any Social interaction is not counted as bounce

For example a visitor landed on a web page of your site, read a blog post, shares it via Facebook and then left the website from the landing page without browsing any further will not count as a bounce.

The reason why Google will not treat this single page visit as a bounce is because two request were made during the web session.

I hope it sounds good to you and resolve your query....

kanikaseo, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  11. anuragswebstreet

anuragswebstreet Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah this sou
    Yeah that's clear to me. I guess like to a Facebook button is an interactive event as Analytics tracks the social interactions. But lets say there is a video on my page and I have not enabled the tracking of that video. So if a user lands on my page interact with the video and leaves, than Bounce rate will be calculated.
    M I right?

12. kanikaseo

kanikaseo Member

Best Answers:

Yes , A visitor clicked on an external link (which is not tracked by event tracking code) which takes him to another website after viewing a single page of a website than that single page visit is treated as bounce.

kanikaseo, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  13. anuragswebstreet

anuragswebstreet Member

Best Answers:
    If the video is embedded on my own website and visitor is not directed to any external website than also bounce will be calculated as Analytics is not tracking video.
    Okay kanikaseo, thanks for the help. Nice discussion:)