1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

400% increase in Google Traffic - Google Analytics showing

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by xtrashots9, May 8, 2013.

Hi,

I have one blog (SEO and blogging niche).
    It is around two year old.

Till 3rd of May 2013 I was getting around 70 - 100 visits per day from Google but from 4th May onwards I am getting around 450 visits per day from google.

I know most of the people will think what is the issue... it is good to have more google traffic.

I am confused whether it is natural or some one trying to lower my ranking in Google by using some black hat techniques.

Few stats about traffic

1- around 450 visits daily from Google
    2- All visits landing on my home page. after that they are moving to 2-3 other pages.
    3- Avg time on site is around 40 second
    4- Bounce rate is around 20%
    5- All organic search belongs to 'not provided' keyword that means user is logged in while searching.
    6- No specific IP.... all visits coming from different IPs.
    7- 95% traffic is coming from US (rest from India, UK, Russia, Turkey, n other countries).
    8- They are visiting my Category and tag pages after visiting my home page. Categories and Tags are not indexed in Google.

What you think is it Fake or I have started ranking for a specific keyword.
    Or people have started to know my website from some popular resource and then they are searching about my blog on google using my domain name that is providing my domain homepage on top of result page. That is causing them to land on my home page?

All suggestions and help appreciated

xtrashots9, May 8, 2013 IP
  2. V_RocKs

V_RocKs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the hits are coming from Google then they are coming from Google.

Did somebody "set you up" by using blackhat methods which will work wonders for a few weeks and tank you to eternal hell and damnation, a.k.a., page 200 for years? Let's find out.

First... Did you ever set up a Google Webmaster Tools (WT) account? If not, why not? It goes hand in hand with Analytics (now). Google it and add your site in question to the account. Once it is added to WT go back to Analytics (A) and go to your website in Analytics. Once you have its dashboard showing hit Admin to top right of screen in Orange bar and then select Property Settings. Scroll down to bottom and you will see Webmaster Tools Settings with a little Edit link. Click it and you will see all sites in the WT account. Check the radio button for the site in question that we will be linking and verify you have the correct two sites you are linking. Once done you will see it in the WT Settings on Analytics.

Now in the orange menu click Reporting. Then Traffic Sources -> Search Engine Optimization -> Queries. You should now see what people are searching for instead of only seeing Not Provided.

OK... Now did somebody screw with you? There are a few tools to see who is linking into you:

ahrefs.com A free account here will let you see only some data.
    http://www.backlinkwatch.com/ By entering your site here you will see a lot more sites that link into you than the first one will show you.

Did the second one say nobody is linking into you? That happens when the links are relatively new or if there are not a very significant amount of links into you. Ahrefs.com will show you if a boatload of new sites have begun to link into you.

Hope this puts you on the right path.

V_RocKs, May 8, 2013 IP
    UstasX likes this.
  3. anuragswebstreet

anuragswebstreet Member

Best Answers:
    According to me the chances are great that this hike in visits are not legitimate or natural. I know about a technique which some spammers use to increase the number of visits in Google Analytics. Doing this increase the visits and the avarage visit duration is very low and all visits are unique. The stats you shared above are same as I read about that spammy technique.
    You should setup GWT and see the actual situation by navigating to traffic sources.

anuragswebstreet, Jun 24, 2013 IP