1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flat UI Web Design

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by kanikaseo, Jun 21, 2013.

Hey got a very good resource for latest trend of Flat UI Web Design, wanna share with you all here it is : http://www.htmltutsplus.com/design/grand-exemplary-of-the-flat-trend-in-web-design/

kanikaseo, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Funny since I would advise AGAINST using any of those as good examples of website design -- sure they're artsy and some are quite attractive, but they are all useless rubbish on the accessibility front... pretty much reeking badly of "Accessibility, what's that?" -- illegible color contrasts, fixed metric fonts, fixed designs that couldn't possibly be responsive, false simplicity leaving one wondering just what the **** you're even looking at...

Of course that said list is hosted on a site with all those same problems speaks volumes. Should be called "Grand exemplary of how not to build websites"

deathshadow, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  3. kanikaseo

kanikaseo Member

Best Answers:
    How could u use an abusive language on smone else post, is thats the reason u r here, pathetic

kanikaseo, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  4. Balabky

Balabky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Looks great. There is a Vietnameese blogger who made a good blogger template with a full Metro UI.
    I have tried to port this on mybb too, but uncsuccesful as they dont offer a tableless layout.

When I switch to XF ( if anyone has a XenForo license please contact me), I will try to port it.

The template is Metro BTK.

Balabky, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  5. dwirch

dwirch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Take it easy, kanikaseo. Dude knows what he is talking about.

Another way of looking at it is you'll have to write two sites. One for visually oriented folks, who know nothing but point and click, and one for the rest of us.

For example, how can a screen reader read those sites ? Did you know on a "normal" website, you can navigate with the keyboard? How would you navigate with the keyboard on those artsy fartsy sites?

Don't get me wrong, those sites are visually very appealing. Keep in mind, as are most other web developers who make a living doing this stuff, you need to remember things like accessibility. Otherwise, you cut off a large portion of your audience, simply because you didn't write your site for them.

Need help ? see this link:

http://www.section508.gov/index.cfm?fuseAction=stdsdoc

dwirch, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  6. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    When the examples linked to are the traditional laundry list of what's wrong with artsy fartsy development typical of what I expect from nube predators, what am I supposed to use? Rainbows and unicorns? Heavens to betsy someone used strong language... :/

deathshadow, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  7. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Even for the visually oriented folks those are miserable steaming piles of /FAIL/ -- as you said they are quite attractive; but if half the population can't read the text due to poor color contrasts, are sent diving for the zoom thanks to all the fonts declared in px, doesn't auto-adjust to the screen of anything smaller than a desktop PC, doesn't fill the screen of a higher-end system, when zoomed thanks to those fonts falls apart miserably all because of the use of fixed widths, and use non-standard/confusing navigation methods -- basically the entire design reeking of "WCAG, what's that?!?"

What good is it? Most all the designs mentioned in the OP's link are complete train wrecks from an accessibility standpoint -- which is why I say the "designers" of such layouts usually don't know enough about HTML, CSS, emissive colourspace or accessibility to be 'designing' a blasted thing.

Which is why most often they are little more than nube predators -- preying upon the ignorance of others with their very flashy, very pretty, but ultimately useless designs that do nothing but screw over the people duped into using them on their sites.

deathshadow, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  8. dwirch

dwirch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    </agreed>

dwirch, Jun 22, 2013 IP