1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which plugins for SMF forums do you use?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Blogmaster, Jun 13, 2013.

Recently I have started a new forum and this time around I am using SMF.
    Overall I like the fact that it is very easy for mods and admins to navigate through it as I don't really pick the team based on previous experiences with forums, but rather how much they are into the subject matter.

Now I am ready to do more with the forum and I am wondering if any of you can recommend me some plugin which can make the forum experience a little more social media like.

Thanks.

Solved! View solution.
    Blogmaster, Jun 13, 2013 IP
    The Referrals addon by vbgamer is a good one. You can use it for referral contests and what not. It lacks a lot of features though. For example, to reset it, you need to clear the database entries for the addon and then reinstall it.

I also enjoy the custom action mod which allows you to add new pages/actions to the forum.

RSS feed poster is another good one to help give you more content and work behind the scenes a bit.

The paid version of Menu Editor Lite is a good one for cleaning up the menu.

VigLink is the newest one I have been adding, which makes life easier using VigLink on your SMF forum :)

Shawn Gossman, Jun 21, 2013 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the feedback.

Do you know if there is also a chat option available?

Blogmaster, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  4. web_master

web_master Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using smf for years now.

The plugins I use are:

Pretty Urls
    Nofollow all links
    Ad management mod