1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do you sell an email list?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by binarymetric, Jun 20, 2013.

I have a list of 1,000 of my IM buyers who opted into my list. I have mailed to them and made about $3k a month from the list, though now I am so busy with other more profitable things so I don't have time to keep it up. It took me a decent amount of time to create content for them and to search out and review good affordable products to recommend to them that were quality. I never spammed them with any and every offer, so it takes my time up reviewing products to recommend. So I'd like to sell the list to someone as it was in my terms I could, and I think if I just stop mailing for a long period the list might go stale anyways. I'll easily be able to build new lists in the future anyways.

Though I have no idea how or where to sell a quality opted in responsive email list. Is this just something that is never done? Domains and websites are assests since they could be sold, though what about email lists?

binarymetric, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  2. radium

radium Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    How much you want for it?

radium, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  3. binarymetric

binarymetric Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was thinking about $1 per email, as that's about what it costs people per email from Solo lists which take much longer. Though I have no idea where to list it for sale.

binarymetric, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  4. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a list, then you know why it's never done. No reputable Autoresponder company will allow you to import such a list. And since a list requires so little maintenance - it's not too different from selling money.

And selling a business for 1 month earnings is a fairly big flag. Buyer beware...

Khadaji, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  5. Roy Harmon

Roy Harmon Member

Best Answers:
    Won't MailChimp let you import a list like that?

Roy Harmon, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  6. binarymetric

binarymetric Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    GetResponse let's you import lists. Though I'm thinking of also just transferring my GetResponse account itself, so the buyer wouldn't have to import anything, only log into the account.

Oh, and an email list (especially a very small one) is not "a business". It's only an assest attached to a business. And lists do require maintance if you take care of them and give them a lot of quality information and time.

binarymetric, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  7. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even if you want to sell your list, people in your list would know that the buyer is not you. The way information is communicated and the language being used would be different. these subscribers are loyal to you because it is you.

My suggestion instead of selling their emails away. (Which is a little, just a little bad to the subscribers that are loyal to you) is to introduce them to a traffic funnel.

What is a traffic funnel? Well its something new, something that allows people to get connected with one another and earn credits when they introduce new people into the traffic funnel. People can use these credits and exchange them for free banner advertising on various websites as well as doing an email blast to everyone in that funnel. It's a new and valuable way of creating free traffic. I felt that this traffic funnel would give my subscribers the last edge before i left them.

And besides, the plus point is that i earn credits for every person that joins the funnel under me. So, when i wanted to close my website, I introduced them to this funnel a few times then tell them that you will be closing down the website and thank them for their support and if they wish they can support you through another website/blog.

And many thanked me for being honest with them about the close and thanked me for the last bit of value i brought to them. 50% joined the traffic funnel and 40% followed me into a different niche. Hey not bad results huh?

Howard Lim, Jun 22, 2013 IP