1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"social security disability"

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by epilot, Jun 15, 2013.

Hello Guys,
    I have a question for one of my dear friend, so please answer if you have any info in the below regard:

My friend is living in the US and he is retired, he receives social security disability. Now he is not able to figure if they will pay him the "social security disability" salary if he works on adsense and gets regular income via it???
    Unfortunately google could not help, So please you guys try to help if possible.

Thanks

epilot, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  2. SpaceReel

SpaceReel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm in the UK so not sure how it works where you are but I think you're best of asking the people who give out social security.

I doubt they wouldn't stop his money if he said it was just a hobby.

SpaceReel, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  3. bigsky101

bigsky101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends. SSDI allows you to make a very small amount of money in addition to your monthly check. The reasoning is you're incapable of generating income otherwise you wouldn't need SSDI. If he makes X amount over the limit designated what SSDI deems appropriate, SSDI could reduce his benefits. SSDI will know about this income because the IRS requires Adsense to file a 1099 if it pays more than $600 in income. If he is receiving Social Security retirement there is no limit as to what he can receive without penalty other than normal taxes. I am unfamiliar about someone receiving SSDI and Social Security retirement at the same time so this could add more "complications" to the situation.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    bigsky101, Jun 19, 2013 IP
    zetttaxco likes this.