1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why isn't SEO analaysis recognizing key words, etc.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tangerine3, Jun 18, 2013.

I am using: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/ and going through and SEOing by site. When doing the analysis for my home page I am getting 3 red flags that are telling me:
    - The keyword / phrase harley rentals tampa florida does not appear in the page title.
    - The keyword doesn't appear in the first paragraph of the copy, make sure the topic is clear immediately.
    - A meta description has been specified, but it does not contain the target keyword / phrase.

This is my Focus Keyword: harley rentals tampa florida
    (this was suggested by the drop down box)

This is my Title: Chrome Horse Harley Rentals Tampa FL Daytona and Sturgis

This is my Meta Description: Chrome Horse offers Harley Davidson motorcycle rentals in Florida in the Tampa bay area, Lutz, Florida, Daytona and Sturgis. Renting motorcycles since 1999
    This is the 1st para of the page: Chrome Horse offers Harley Davidson motorcycle rentals in Florida in the Tampa bay area, Daytona and Sturgis. You have just found the best company and website to rent your Harley-Davidson from. Chrome Horse has been in the motorcycle rental business in the Tampa Bay area since 1999.

So I don't know why I am getting those red flags. I do see the keyword(s) in my title, 1st para and meta descp. Can someone please let me know some reasons of why it is telling me this? It is a wordpress site if that matters. Thank you

tangerine3, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  2. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    I don't recommend using the drop-down box to select your keywords. You should learn how to do keyword research via webmaster tools (like Google Adwords) to find the keywords that are going to bring you the most targeted traffic.

As for your errors. The title error is because you have "FL" instead of "Florida"

Meta error is due to having "Harley Davidson motorcycle rentals in Florida" instead of "Harley rentals Tampa Florida"

Paragraph error is because you don't have "Harley rentals Tampa Florida" in the text of the first paragraph.

It wants the target keyword to remain exact and intact throughout all areas of your content - no variations (even though variations are ok because Google can recognize them).

Thriftypreneur, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  3. tangerine3

tangerine3 Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you. My site is basically one thing Harley Rentals so it is hard for me to have different key words since that is all i'm trying to bring traffic to, pretty simple. Mostly focusing on getting them to the home page and one other page regarding a specific location we work at sometimes. Maybe I'm over thinking.

tangerine3, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  4. websoutlook

websoutlook Member

Best Answers:
    Calculate your website potential at websoutlook com
    You can check your website worth its isp , its page rank and much more ............
    Thanx.....

websoutlook, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  5. bigsky101

bigsky101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google site:yourwebsite.com

I just checked out what your website's results show in Google. Things actually look pretty decent. Your homepage snippet shows as:

"Company provides rentals in Tampa, Florida and also to motorcycling events across the United States."

I would maybe rather have something other than Company to show up but otherwise your results look pretty good.

bigsky101, Jun 18, 2013 IP
    zetttaxco likes this.