1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alexa PageRank Data

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by freespace, Jun 10, 2013.

In may I did an experiment to check the pagerank for the top 1 million alexa sites.

If you are interested in the results have a look here. You can download spreadsheet with all the data.

http://pagerank.com.au/ma-2013-alexa-top-million-pagerank-check/

I was surprised that only 26 PR 10 sites were listed in the list.

freespace, Jun 10, 2013 IP
    Focl likes this.
  2. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not - alexa is pretty much inaccurate and obsolete. One shouldn't waste time with it anymore.

GMF, Jun 11, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. Focl

Focl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please split up larger file into two or three smaller one? Because some PCs will have problem to open this file.. Example my OpenOffice opening it now 10 minutes :)

Anyway "freespace" great work, thank you for share!

Focl, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  4. freespace

freespace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    freespace, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  5. Mark Berger

Mark Berger Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with GMF: Alexa data is not accurate at all. I still don't understand why ppl still persist to give it a value. It's totally worthless. None of its stats are real to my websites. :confused:

Mark Berger, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  6. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly!

But it is still an estimation of traffic so getting rough ideas of any site in term of traffic, yo can use Alexa, but you should use other ways to find traffics as well.

SERPpoint, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  7. jayo2k

jayo2k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well... Alexa rank is not accurate I give you that BUT... When you want to sell ad spaces on your site or attract investor or also sell the site, what do you think they will look at...? Alexa rank. Sure cheating the ranking won't do any good but if you have a ranking bellow 100 000 then you will start to get some contacts... Me i do try to improve my ranking by bringing more traffic to my website and building backlinks... I went from not listed to 1 777 000 in less than a month... pretty good

jayo2k, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  8. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My opinion on these guys - they should really think about another career, because they seem to be stuck in the past, and should therefore be avoided.

Alexa only counts traffic, and only if the visitor has the alexa toolbar installed.

GMF, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  9. jayo2k

jayo2k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know that, I know the alexa rank can be manipulated but the matter of the fact is that we as webmasters tend to only think as webmaster and not to put ourselves in the shoes of those who matters: publishers, marketers, investors... And we may like it or not but those people look at our alexa rank, not only the rank but they still look at it. Try to interest an investor with an alexa rank of 20 000 000 ... then do the same thing with a ranking of 10... At 10, you won't even need to go after them since they will come at you themselves... When you reach the tail (bellow 100 000) You will start to be contacted by different people

jayo2k, Jun 18, 2013 IP