1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which niche is best for me?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by seekdestroy16, Jun 16, 2013.

?

Which niche is best for me?.

1. Home Decor

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Technology, software, hardware

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hey all, so i'm not sure which niche I want to get into but I have narrowed it all down to these:

Home Decor

So I'm currently in the Home Decor niche. It is something I'm interested in, and it involves just simply writing about different things I see on pinterest or amazon, or any other online home decor retailer. Just the products that are unique. I notice some other decor blogs that are successful usually are the first ones to write about something that just came out on any of those sites I already mentioned, so getting linked back to in that kind of way is one of the main successes to them I guess.

Software & Hardware

I am also interested in software, hardware and technology, and I know how to get around things quickly, and that's mainly my top passion, so a niche in this I guess would be software tutorials?.

Which niche is best for me and my success?. I am better able to handle blogging in the home decor niche since it's all smaller articles and not huge articles like in Software & Hardware. I do like to write but I do get impatient sometimes, is that normal?. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

seekdestroy16, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  2. Cyanic

Cyanic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Whilst niche selection is very important, I think you'd probably do okay with either of the two topics.
    I chose home decor however since I think you'll have less competition.

Ultimately, you need to choose a topic that you are passionate about.
    Otherwise, you'll find it harder and harder to write good content on the subject.

Cyanic, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  3. BSON

BSON Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that home decor is less competitive niche so best option for you is home decor.

BSON, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  4. aarthielumalai

aarthielumalai Member

Best Answers:
    Well, both are good niches, and since you have knowledge in both, why waste it? You could go for both niches, but as the previous poster said, software niche has a lot of competition, so blogging might not work well for it.

Have you heard of kindle? You can sell your books there and earn a nice income. Since software tutorials tend to be quite big, why don't you try selling your tutorials there. You can earn a niche chunk of cash from it.

So, you'll have the best of both worlds. :)

aarthielumalai, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  5. alexandrubitca

alexandrubitca Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the problem now is not which niche is better or most profitable, but the problem is that the competition gravitates around writers and reviewers. There are a lot of folks that just post reviews and articles on their blog and they are competing each with another. An idea would be if you won't just choose a niche, but try to figure out how you could improve it. Create a movement, make some sketches of ideas, try to promote them. Assign yourself a 'opinion leader/creator' label, not a reviewer one.

alexandrubitca, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  6. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome! You already know what you are good at and what you like to do!
    My advice is not going to be what niche to choose, but rather how you can make that decision yourself. :)

I believe that when people make their own decisions, they tend to stand by them.
    You are comfortable with both niches, so i would advice you to pick one niche, either is fine, as long as you tell yourself that everyday, you will work on that niche. Perseverance is the key here! (No point going into both if its gonna stress you out and you end up giving up on both right?)
    So there will always be success waiting at the end of every journey, it is just that most people do no walk long enough to savor it's sweetness. Stand by the decision that you make and push on relentlessly, because no one can force you to stop if you dont want to.

Cheers!

Howard Lim, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  7. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    base on high paying keyword on adsense, I would suggest you home decor,.. that pretty amazing,..

robyries, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  8. sharondzouza

sharondzouza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Since you have narrowed down to Home décor and Software and Hardware which indeed are good I would suggest you to find your passion for them. The one which you are passionate about will take you a long way. Suggestion might help you but might also confuse you. So listen to heart and do what you are passionate about.

sharondzouza, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  9. tfhe

tfhe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    home decor .you will get more CTR

tfhe, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  10. cjp214

cjp214 Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I think either one wouldn't be a bad choice. But I definitely would focus all of my efforts into one and not even think about branching out until after you're bringing in some decent money.

My .02: worry less about your passion for the niche and more about the niche itself. Is there a significant need you can fill in that niche? How tough/how many competitors are there? Do you expect more competitors to get in the game over the next few years? It's an extremely low barrier of entry: someone can buy a domain name, set up hosting, and get a blog going within 30 minutes... just a consideration.

Stay passionate about providing value to a niche and making money online, and I'm confident you'll succeed.

-Corey

cjp214, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  11. seekdestroy16

seekdestroy16 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for the suggestions. I thought about it alot. I guess sometimes I think that I know what I want on the inside, and I just really don't in reality. But right now I am thinking that the easiest niche for me would be a combination of software, wordpress, and blogging. Which I know is a hard niche because your basically blogging about making money and trying to make money doing it.

But I've seen of course Darren Rowse, Lisa from 2createawebsite, Harsh Agrawal from shoutmeloud.com, Pat Flynn from smartpassiveincome, and theres many more to list. But I think that would be what I could stick to for the long term. I feel like I'm burning myself out on both Home Decor and Software, because they aren't my true passions. But I will say I'm going to stick with those sites, I'm not taking them down, and I will put 10% of my time into working on them, and I'll focus the rest of my time on Blogging etc.

That's my current plan now, but I'm gonna keep on thinking about it before I launch a new blog for the blogging niche. Why do you guys think about the blogging niche?. Of course you have to stand out in that niche, but I think I could maintain it for awhile because I know alot already.

seekdestroy16, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  12. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Technology niche can be easy for you as most of the people know about technology and they have a little knowledge before they come into IM world.. but there is too much competition also..

It would be good if you take help of Google Adwords Keyword Tool and find some less competitive keywords/niches for better result.

SERPpoint, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  13. nikolailic

nikolailic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The both niches are good,but if you ask me, I would have recommended Home Decor.You have extensive knowledge of both niches whichever you decide that you will not go wrong.

nikolailic, Jun 21, 2013 IP
    BusinessMaker likes this.
  14. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Teach others what you already know and while you are teaching, you would find that you learn more and would be able to provide better and clearer advice. (because of the number of times you provided it.)
    As for standing out in the niche, i feel that as long as you are genuine in helping others and sharing Useful information. You will be recognized and you will be able to stand out as a guru in that niche.

Howard Lim, Jun 22, 2013 IP