1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter or Facebook

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by samuelaverill, May 15, 2013.

1. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should be active and post on both networks.
    Also Google+ is used by some people.

VideoWhisper.com, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  2. alexandrubitca

alexandrubitca Active Member

Best Answers:
    facebook is good when you have some free time and you don't mind reading some junk-spammy-braging posts till you get some really relevant ones. Also Fb is great finding new stuff about your friends because profile pages are much more detailed. And facebook is much more visual improved, because that the main feture that keeps people there despite Fb's EdgeRank algorithm.
    While twitter is the social site where you would rather go with much more specific things, targeted posts and, preferably, no junk posts.
    However, I'm using the both of them because they work awesome together. Twitter serves me as the main site for facebook statuses (thanks to selective tweets).

alexandrubitca, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  3. aarthielumalai

aarthielumalai Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Facebook is more famous, but facebook is also getting tougher by the day. Twitter's rules are a bit lax, so you can get away with certain things that you can't in Facebook.

But, the traffic you can get from Facebook is of more quality than twitter. So, I guess it depends on how much time or money you can spend on a project. If you can spend a lot of time, then you can go the Facebook fanpage way. It takes time to build up your fans with whitehat methods, but it'll be worth it in the end.

aarthielumalai, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  4. alexandrubitca

Best Answers:
    True that! however, I've somehow got to this idea about traffic - it is really bigger and much more easier to achieve but it depends very much on what kind of traffic do you really need. If you will to turn this trafiic into leads of conversions, then (as I think) facebook isn't the right place. Because facebook users seem more like people never willing to buy something from you. Yes, they'll participate happily in all your contests where they can win anything, but they won't BUY something (well... not a big number of them). Fb is more useful for brand creating and maintaining you reputation.
    While a good twitter strategy can bring you some good real customers.

5. phpLimited

phpLimited Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For shopping sites I would recommend facebook. Twitter is good for blogs oder news sites.

phpLimited, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  6. aarthielumalai

aarthielumalai Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm not quite sure about that. Yes, we can get some sales from twitter, but the conversion rate is too low. I think Twitter also works better with list building (squeeze pages) than sales. CPA offers work well too.

aarthielumalai, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  7. tebakxx

tebakxx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Amazingly Alexa rank for Facebook.com now No.1, google.com No.2, Twitter No.13.

tebakxx, Jun 17, 2013 IP
    MIYABI likes this.
  8. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is the most popular (until now)...

MIYABI, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  9. alexandrubitca

Best Answers:
    well... it's pretty questionable. Of course, statistic show that Fb has the most registered users, but half of them are fake profiles and inactive users. Other big part of them just share some posts but don't create their own content. Sadly, but as I see it, facebook is kinda loosing it's position when it's about content, visibility and quality, even if statistics show us the opposite :)

10. gyahoo

gyahoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both are beneficial in marketing, so its hard to choose 1.. But I prefer facebook over twitter. There is more potential in facebook marketing now a days.

gyahoo, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  11. robertkeen

robertkeen Member

Best Answers:
    It's depend on your needs.

What is your audience target, your niche, market, etc.

robertkeen, Jun 17, 2013 IP
    Cool Blogger likes this.
  12. Cool Blogger

Cool Blogger Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree.

Cool Blogger, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  13. Alvaro Gutierrez

Alvaro Gutierrez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Personally, I find Facebook more powerful than Twitter mainly for 2 reasons:

1) The ability to create fan pages or groups (hey, you can make them look great!)

2) The ability to advertise those pages VERY cheaply through Facebook's advertising platform.
    (did you know that Facebook will let you advertise cheaper when you send traffic "within" Facebook? i.e; Fanpage)

Also, if you do not mind where the traffic is coming from, there are countries where the traffic will be extremely cheap (countries where I managed to get clicks at the famous 0.01 per click)

I'll tell you 2 cheap countries... Argentina and mexico;)
    (again, it depends on the niche... and oh, please don't rant about "the only good country to advertise is the USA...")

- Now, it's not that difficult to build a big fan page AND -in turn- BUILD your list from those pages IF you are creative.
    Once the fan page is big enough, a great way to build your list is to use sponsored ads...And you know how we roll... right??? the MONEY is in the list!

To YOUR Success
    Alvaro

Alvaro Gutierrez, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  14. Katastrophe67

Katastrophe67 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no reason that you cannot use both Twitter and Facebook. You want to get your information out there, get it spreading. Why Limit yourself to just 1 of the 2?

Katastrophe67, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  15. owen100

owen100 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    owen100, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  16. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why not use both?

There is a feature where anything you post onto Facebook will show up in Twitter -- and anything you post on Twitter will show up on Facebook.

Both are excellent ways -- test both of them out and see which one is better for you.

mkcookin, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  17. jamesanalyst123

jamesanalyst123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both are well known social network sites that offer different sets of benefits for users. Facebook is a good option for the promotion of e-commerce and photography sites whereas Twitter can be effectively used for marketing websites of companies that handle website development.

jamesanalyst123, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  18. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to connecting with people and engaging in more applications I would recommend Facebook. While utilizing Twitter, make sure that is in a positive way to get more interaction with other users.

19. serge ashtears

serge ashtears Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook is a great site to connect with my friend and family
    I open it anytime to chat with my friend in my country
    I love Facebook

serge ashtears, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  20. reazul.salman

reazul.salman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    facebook and twiter both are important to us..but in accordance to me facebook is more useful and effective then twiter .....

reazul.salman, Jul 5, 2013 IP