1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does Google would take to consider my Disavow request?

Discussion in 'Google' started by James chartler, Jun 13, 2013.

Two weeks before (30-5-2013) I submitted Disavow request to Google and it was successfully submitted. Today I found some changes in my Google webmaster tool. I found that some of bad links has been removed which I mentioned in the Disavow request text file. I don't know whether it happened because of Google action. I found some of my links has been disappeared. But Matt Cutts said that "It can definitely take some time, and potentially months. There’s a time delay for data to be baked into the index. Then there can also be the time delay after that for data to be refreshed in various algorithms.". Then how those sites removed within two weeks? I even found that some links that i didn't mentioned in the Disavow file also removed. I didn't request Google to reconsider my site. Does a Google team member manually check the Disavow request file? Or another reasons for this change? Does anybody heard like this before?

James chartler, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  2. DigitalAlien

DigitalAlien Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to a post by Matt Cutts, it could take weeks.

DigitalAlien, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  3. myfreeforum

myfreeforum Member

Best Answers:
    Sadly, I wouldn't hold your breath. I guess there are a few random posts about people who have actually gotten their site out of a penalty, but most webmasters haven't found the tool a source of joy.

myfreeforum, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  4. alexandrubitca

alexandrubitca Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe disavow tool is not as helpful for removing the backlinks you mention, but it helps Google to find which sites are worth to be penalised. Really, it looks like Google is just collecting info about sites, and the most this site is mentioned in disavow tool as a bad one, the more are the chances it'll get penalised.
    Because, Myfreeforum mentioned it well 'webmasters haven't found the tool a source of joy'. There's no such person that will tell you for sure if it works and how much time it takes.. well, except Matt Cutts I think.

alexandrubitca, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  5. myfreeforum

myfreeforum Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Alex, but can't like comments yet. Here is a virtual "LIKE".

myfreeforum, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  6. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most of what you hear about the disavow tool is unsubstantiated rumors and gossip. Very little is actually known making answering your question almost impossible.

stoner3221, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This is an interesting article about disavow:
    http://moz.com/blog/google-disavow-tool

I think it will answer your question.

With regards to some links disappearing. The other day, I was checking the backlinks to a site I bought last year as it had a lot of links I would call spammy (footer ones). Mostly I had removed them, but still tens of thousands showing, so I was going to disavow them. Anyway, when I checked, they had all gone. On checking the sites (I had a note of some of the domain names), the links weren't on there, so they were removed as Google refreshed its link data. Did you check the pages where the links were supposed to be? Maybe they have been dropped due to the links no longer existing.

ryan_uk, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  8. linksolution

linksolution Member

Best Answers:
    I think, Google refreshes the request time to time so that there wouldn't be any manual work...

linksolution, Jun 16, 2013 IP