1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conversion tracking and goals

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by webinsane, Jun 3, 2013.

We are connecting goals with Google Adwords. Customer has close to thousand products. We imported goals from Google Analytics and conversions are showing nicely.

Google analytics is recording all transactions/sales with all products from all sale sources, but I am not able to find which product customer bought when coming from certain Adwords keyword. I see all the keywords that converted into sales, but it is hard to find which particular product made a conversion. Customer has loads of daily sales so it is hard to track manually. Any input on this?

Thanks.

webinsane, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  2. Tom Green

Tom Green Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If each product has a specific URL, you can define it as goals.
    Furthermore, I would find a second tracking system, something closer to an affiliate tracking system, which would allow you to track actual conversions.
    Ask the client what he's using to see incoming transactions.

Tom Green, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  3. webinsane

webinsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We defined each sold product as goal and we have conversions tracking based on successful purchase. However, I cant find in Google how to track which product was sold for which Adwords converted keyword.Do you have a suggestion which affiliate tracking system to use?

4. Tom Green

Tom Green Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest you ask your customer what he's using. If he's NOT using anything, but just handles incoming sales, it has to be a system that will work for both of you, e.g. magentocommerce.com or something similar.

5. webinsane

Best Answers:
    What you mean by "If he's NOT using anything"

6. Tom Green

Tom Green Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You made it sound like he's using something that allows to track incoming links.
    If he can see where the sale came from, use dynamic URL with your adwords to track this on his end.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549100?hl=en

7. Radha Sharma

Radha Sharma Member

Best Answers:
    I would advice you to set up different ad groups for different products, that would make your work much more easier. And to track each products well, you need to set up goals for each product.

Radha Sharma, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  8. webinsane

Best Answers:
    We have goals set for each product, but since they have thousands of products it would be hard to add adwords groups for each product. Thanks.

9. Tom Green

Tom Green Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agreed. That's why the specific product tracking must be on a different system, which see the AdWords source (e.g. a Shoes Campaign, banner A) and see which products are purchased, allowing you to cross reference.

10. webinsane

Best Answers:
    We will see what we can do, but most importantly I had to be sure that I am not missing something in Adwords/Analytics.

11. Samykrish

Samykrish Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Many per Conversion will late you know all in details. And it is the fact that conversion tracking is showing base information for conversion for the keyword base conversion may be you should take analytic in findings as well as to deal with enhance campaigns reporting.

Samykrish, Jun 14, 2013 IP