1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HUGE loss of search query impressions overnight - HELP!

Discussion in 'SEO' started by sahmothers.com, Jun 12, 2013.

I am not new to Wordpress nor has anything changed on my end in terms of coding, CSS etc.

What DID happen was my host, Zippykid had issues on their server on that day. They are claiming dumb on this and I don't know where to go honestly.

But as you can see from below, my site was at over 50% organic results, not it's maybe 5 to 10 a day.

http://glui.me/?i=2ou3bgr7ptfkmxb/2013-06-12_at_10.06.38_AM.png/

Can anyone help me understand the data and how to get it back to where it was.

The site is Macdaily.co and is still in Google and still ranks higher on certain keywords etc. But it also doesn't show results quickly for newer articles either.

Please help!

sahmothers.com, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  2. emily

emily Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One day of server issues shouldn't have any impact... Are you sure it was only one day? Check Google Webmaster Tools for access errors.

emily, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  3. sahmothers.com

sahmothers.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There were no erros within Webmaster Tools at all. It seems to have bounced back and I possible know why. Still waiting to see the full bounce back though.

sahmothers.com, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  4. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    Google is probably still in the process of fully implementing Penguin2.0 and making adjustment updates.

Many webmasters are experiencing all kinds of "Google dances" recently. If you were ranking good before and didn't change anything, chances are you are experiencing a "Google dance" and will bounce back after things calm down.

I'd wait it out. Last thing you want to do is start trying to fix something that isn't broken and then lose rankings as a result. Wait to see what happens before making any major changes.

Although, if your hosting provider is experiencing routine downtime, I'd be moving pretty damned fast.

Good luck.

Thriftypreneur, Jun 14, 2013 IP
    BestySEO likes this.
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep!

Nigel Lew, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  6. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale Banned

Best Answers:
    I am having huge problem and looking for a solution. If anyone can help, please get in touch with me. I am looking for REAL solution, someone with a lot of resources, ideas and dedication. I am talking about big money, but you have to show something. Take a look at what happen to me:

[​IMG]

7. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    Okay i will tell you its gona hurt a bit but its true
    You are hit by Google Latest Updates
    best way to get back right is geting better and proper seo now

ikidoxio, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  8. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    oh well if you say that it got low after geting server down for time
    than that could be very well reason
    because google reduces seo stats if you have downtimes
    so best thing is go to webmaster tools and get your site submited and crawled once ;) that should do the trick

9. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

Best Answers:
    Really?

10. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    yes 90% thats the probably reason
    there are these few reasons for sudden hits
    but seeing ur hits timings and graph its most probable that you are hit by both of the recent updates
    you need better SEO
    if you want i can list you other couple possibilites of these drops but its most likely this exact reason

OH WAIT:|
    lol dnt tell me ur really? was in sarcasm :/

11. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

Best Answers:
    Well that's obvious that better SEO is needed. Have you seen such sites in the past? Do you know what you are talking about? Have you successfully achieved ranking back in the past?

12. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    yes
    yes
    yes
    all they need are natural looking linkbuilding and some small tricks and they start geting back on their rankings very fast

13. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    Without seeing your site, it's pretty hard to offer advice. But, it does indeed look like you're a victim of the latest penguin update.

How is your on-page SEO?
    Are your pages fully optimized? Titles, metas, file names, urls, excerpts, images, outbound links, text, etc, etc, etc.

What is your backlink profile looking like?
    If you used paid services or built backlinks in questionable places, chances are this new update probably wiped out a good portion of your backlink profile, which can easily result in a rankings drop.

What sites have moved ahead of you and have you analyzed them?
    Did better resources take your spot? What's their link profiles look like? How is their on-page optimization? Are they just crushing you in SEO, backlinks, and keyword relevancy or did you get dropped down due to a penalty or one of the factors above?

Sorry, hard to offer much more without seeing your site. But hopefully that gives you a place to start.

Thriftypreneur, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  14. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It looks to me like you got hit by Panda then Penguin. You aren't the only one. Some very big players got hit this update. Notice for example how hotscript.com has a similar pattern of lost traffic
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/hotscripts.com

dvduval, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  15. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

Best Answers:
    Not sure if I can show my site here, its http://www.shoppharmacycounter.com - seems like our on page is good, if you look at the link backs you'll see why we are in trouble. Did disavow and asked to be removed from few sites, which worked. Ranking dropped to nothing instead of anything positive. Hating life right now.

16. angelicakaka

angelicakaka Active Member

Best Answers:
    me too hating life right now.. I am in a similar situation like yours.. I have been looking for a solution since the 23rd of May but in order to find a solution, it is necessary to find the real reason of why the our sites were hit by this latest Penguin update..

I have been working really hard to find it out but still could not find anything that makes sense because Penguin was supposed to be a webspam fighter update but what I am seeing in the google search results at the moment is that the sites that overrank mine, have tons of exact-match anchor text link backs and most of them have thousands of links coming from maximum 50-60 domains...

The content they have is similar to mine, original and unique most of the time but in general the on-page optimization is not any better than my site..

Shortly, when I compare them to my site, we are all equal in terms of content, tag optimizations, domain age etc. and the only different thing is our link profile and mine is much better than the others and looks much more natural..

I really do not understand and dont have a clue what to do next to recover thid since I dont understand the reason.. What I see at the moment is completely the other way that I have learned so far..

angelicakaka, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  17. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

Best Answers:
    I was told to drop this site and start new one, it will be faster. Also what I see so far, with new update you have to work on all keywords when linking to your pages and link them from different sites. Before you were able to just focus on single keyword and eventually your site would show up for other keywords as well. Also price for SEO will be more expensive. Before you just use article spinners and place it using some type of submitter. Now its not possible. New update detects automation and drops your site.