1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IIS/PHP File Upload Issues

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by scottlpool2003, Jun 6, 2013.

It is a file upload script and the URL is valid on the server. I've been trying for weeks to resolve this issue and nobody seems to be able to help me locate the problem.
    A more detailed description of the problem:
    Uploading files larger than 10MB nearly always fail but occasionally they get through. I believe the php.ini file to be setup correctly with the following settings:

C:\Temp\ is writable.
    I have tried various scripts and all have the same outcome so I don't believe it to be a coding error. I see the file upload to C:\Temp and when it fails the file remains so it's almost like it just doesn't want to move the file. As I say, occasionally the file gets through and files less than 10MB get through fine so it is unlikely to be a permission issue.
    I also changed maxAllowedContentLength in IIS to 30000000 with no success.
    I then created an uploader in ASP which worked fine so this indicates its definitely a PHP issue.
    I am totally lost with this one and nobody seems to be able to help me get the issue resolved.

scottlpool2003, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  2. BotDaddy

BotDaddy Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a quick one... have you tried installing Apache along with IIS? I know it may sound weird, but you can actually get these two to work together... its a technology change though.

BotDaddy, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  3. sahostking

sahostking Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's got to do with your FASTCGI settings. I checked and noticed that you can set timeouts there for request, activity and idle. Try increasing those and retest? Inform us if you solve it or not and how.

sahostking, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  4. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I didn't know you could. I only recently switched to a Windows server.

As per the issues, I don't know what I did but it appears to be functioning correctly now.

scottlpool2003, Jun 17, 2013 IP