1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Give your review to my site

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by negispark, Jun 12, 2013.

These days i am maintaining this site http://www.finlace.com/ please have a look and give your suggestion to make it more better or let me know if there is some issues from the seo point of view..

Thanks
    Mamta

negispark, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  2. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the website in it self design is clean but there is a lot of annoying issues : the pop up box don't have any control even when we click to Echap it still there and we can't read the content.

There is a lot of images which don't work... so you have to fix all that...

Goodluck

themes4all, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  3. gio

gio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the pop up is not working on my end. tried refreshing the page a couple of times but still not working..

gio, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  4. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its look professional

creativewebmaster, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  5. EvaBrown89

EvaBrown89 Member

Best Answers:
    It looks nice but cluttered a bit. Also it took about 15 seconds to upload the pop up window, so I had to wait to close it in order to start browsing the site.

EvaBrown89, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  6. jumpinjack

jumpinjack Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a nice site, opened really quickly for me. Quite professional.

jumpinjack, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  7. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pop-up is really annoying. Website is slow to load. Pages look cluttered.

MobileInternet, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  8. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    1. The popup took 5 minutes to load on a high-speed connection. Get rid of it.

2. Moves this text near the top of the page so that people know right away what your site is.

I honestly had no idea what you were a consulting firm for until I started investigating your site. Other people won't go to that trouble and they'll just leave.

3. You have no clear call to action that is immediately viewable. As a first impression, I just got overwhelmed with all the stuff everywhere. I had no idea what the website wanted me to do or how I should use it to help me. It just looks like a lot of advertisements all over the place.

Set a clear course of action for people. Tell them how this site will benefit them and what you want them to do. Do you want them to call you? Submit an email for consulting? Then tell them. "Call us today for your free quote!"

Hope that helps.

Thriftypreneur, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  9. jack170794

jack170794 Member

Best Answers:
    Loading time is way toooooo long, i really mean it, and those annoying pop-up, seriouslly, remove them.

jack170794, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  10. seotarget

seotarget Member

Best Answers:
    It loads fast for me and it's professional.
    about seo I think you should work more on backlinks.
    PR isn't good, I recommend to use webdirectories and articles.

seotarget, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  11. RahulSaini

RahulSaini Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good site dear

RahulSaini, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  12. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Just a warning, my reviews give you the Simon Cowell / Gordon Ramsey treatment. If you have problems with the truth, read no further!

The stupid 'popup' takes forever to load, and is outright annoying crap -- GET RID OF IT!!!

The page feels slapped together any old way with oddball paddings and spacings, but worst of all the inaccessible px metric fonts on EVERYTHING mated to an inaccessible fixed width layout makes it the typical fly-by-night "WCAG, what's that?!?" site.

There are alignment issues galore --like the menu items that have dropdowns don't line up with the rest, the vertical breaks between the grey submenu below that are padded inconsistently, etc, etc...

There's WAY too much image rotating crap, endless pointless images for text so search engines, screen readers, braille readers, and just plain folks blocking images due to bandwidth concerns aren't getting a hefty chunk of your 'content'...

... and that's before we pop the bonnet. Tranny doctype likely means it's in 'transition' from 1997 to 1998 coding practices, your CSS LINK has no MEDIA targets, static scripting in the markup for **** knows what, static CSS in the markup, garbage scripting most likely for nothing, overstuffed keywords meta GUARANTEED to be ignored, multiple stylesheets for no good reason, some sort of bloated BS gibberish generated stylesheets likely explaining why the sites speed seems to vary all over the blasted place, empty TITLE after you already HAVE a TITLE, tag between </head> and <body> which is invalid gibberish, class on BODY which is most likely pointless, tags like CENTER and attributes like ALIGN that have no place on any website written after 1997, gibberish/pointless use of DIV inside lists, non-breaking spaces for NOTHING, endless pointless classes for nothing -- and that's without talking it's greatest sin:

TABLES FOR LAYOUT, and worse, TABLES FOR NOTHING! -- Tables are ok, for tabular data; you don't have tabular data. Here's a big tip, if you only have one TD per TR, there is NO LEGITIMATE REASON TO BE USING A TABLE!!!

Laundry list of how NOT to build a website; it's a steaming pile of /FAIL/ on the accessibility front, and is ridiculously poorly coded... as evident from the 134 validation errors in a tranny document -- something that given transitionals loose rules and 'go ahead and sleaze it out any old way' methodology borders on taking the time to make it broken on purpose. A much bigger indicator of how bad the site is comes from the ungodly 333k of HTML to deliver 12k of plaintext and maybe two dozen content images; easily ten times the markup that should be used with such a simplistic page.

That it comes in total to a whopping FIVE MEGABYTES in 195 separate files explains why anyone who isn't sitting on top of the server or a major backbone could/should be seeing pageloads taking as long as TWO MINUTES just in handshaking, most users first-load to the site likely coming in at around 37 seconds in handshaking.

... for a site that if I was making would probably come in under 170k in ~24 or less files.

It's a laundry list of how not to build a website, and my advice would be to throw that entire train wreck away and start over from scratch, there is NOTHING of value in terms of design or codebase present there. (Though it's EVERYTHING I come to expect the moment I see the slightest mention of ASP in a page's code).

deathshadow, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  13. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Clean design. I hate the pop-up.

ketting00, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  14. udores

udores Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, starting from the good to the bad, I would say the site's general load time is impressive even on a slow connection. however, the loading indicator keeps on indicating that some stuffs are loading in the background for too long.

Both your site's color sense and mix is nice.

You have an exquisite drop down design, however, your menu bar is too cluttered. you need to lighten up your menu bar by removing some links and also provide visual indicators where you have a drop down.

Also, i recommend you have just one(1) javascript slideshow on the homepage so that you don't disorient your site visitors. Whichever page you decide to put the 3rd slideshow from the top, please control its navigation by "mouseclick" and not "mousehover".

finally, the thumbnail for your facebook plugin isn't loading. hope you would rectify that.

On the whole, on a rating of 0 to 10 I would give you 5.

And OOPS! less I forget, please either get rid of the pop-up or make it EXTRA-THIN-LIGHT so it could load-in faster and be gotten rid of by a click on the page, not on the close button.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    udores, Jun 20, 2013 IP