1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Real Truth About Google PageRank

Discussion in 'Google' started by Mr Mac, Jun 7, 2013.

I was watching the last webmaster video by Matt Cutts on youtube on Advertorials and native advertising and I am surprised how much google is fighting against sites who use paid advertorials because of the thing they call Page rank passing links.
    When in the other hand Google have been saying at least for the last couple of years that page rank is not that important, they still don't want anyone to have links that pass page rank.

If page rank is not that important why google don't want anyone to buy/have links that pass page rank. or is it that google is lying and page rank is the most significant metric that they use on ranking websites.

Mr Mac, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  2. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Mac, I've had similar suspicions to those you stated. If PR is not very important — as Google seems to want us to believe — they sure go all out to prevent paid links from passing PR. Why, if PR is only minimally important?

Jim4767, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  3. crazyblogger

crazyblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed with you 100%, If PR is not important than they should simply phase it out. Why are they updating PR till now? I think PR is important and it plays some role in ranking.

crazyblogger, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  4. dontstop

dontstop Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR is important. It's just one of the many factors, but still an important one.

Currently, there is an entire industry built around the PR, and I doubt G would dare to remove it soon. But unfortunately, in a long-term they want to.

dontstop, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  5. Arup Ghosh

Arup Ghosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    If PR is not that important , why they didn't drop this ranking system?

Arup Ghosh, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  6. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Google just keep on changing it's strategies and in this matter I am also getting suspicions if page rank is not important then why Google has to say this ?

Amanda103, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  7. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    absolutely, the PR is important to every sites, Google just lying..

enous, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  8. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is important of course, Google just wants to blind everybody.. Don't trust every word they tell.. Worry about your PR, cause PR shows a lot of things about your site..

VukasinI, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google obsessively points out that PageRank is only one of 200 (or more) signals in the ranking algorithm. And most website owners completely misread and misinterpret that and wrongly conclude that PR is only 1/200 (or 1/2 of one percent) of the ranking algorithm.

My take? Google implies that with their only-one-of-200 factors statement. But, in real life, it may be a very big factor among those 200. To exaggerate (please note: I'm deliberately exaggerating) to make the point — PR could be 50% of the algorithm and all the other factors combined could be the other 50%. Do I believe that? No. Do I believe PR carries only 1/200 of the ranking weight? Again, no. I suspect it's somewhere in between. My personal opinion is that it is the biggest single ranking factor, or why else would Google be working so obsessively to penalize the securing of paid links that pass PR?

Jim4767, Jun 11, 2013 IP
    dontstop, wisdomtool and VukasinI like this.
  10. Mr Mac

Mr Mac Member

Best Answers:
    Jim, I totally agree and I just Couldn't said that better.

Mr Mac, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  11. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well said Jim, I totally agree on this.

Amanda103, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  12. Tom Green

Tom Green Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Matt Cutts must be the biggest money maker for AdWords, since he joined. Through his efforts, Google raised ad revenue significantly.

[​IMG]

Tom Green, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  13. great_friend

great_friend Active Member

Best Answers:
    Page rank still have important value and Mac is right google is lying or may be it rumors from google that It is not consider Page rank. According to my experience page rank still work.

great_friend, Jun 13, 2013 IP