1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting .EDU Backlinks the easy Way!

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by AbdullahZahid, May 13, 2013.

I found this on a blog and thought to share this method.
    Now you can have quality .edu backlinks in a easy way.

You will need,
    1. Firefox
    2. Seoquake Addon

You need to run firefox and install the SEOQUAKE addon which is available for free.
    After that go in google and search exactly this.
    site:.edu inurl:blog “post a comment” -”you must be logged in”

You will get results in form of edu blogs where you can comment.
    Please don't spam and give quality comment so you can get quality backlinks.
    Enjoy having .EDU backlinks in a easy way.

AbdullahZahid, May 13, 2013 IP
  2. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    However, .edu links are of now normal value, the old days have gone already..

alex06295, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  3. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to download a plugin that highlights no-follow links. All of the .EDU blogs I searched are no-follow comments, meaning none of the ranking power transfers to your site via the backlink. If you spam these blogs you are wasting your time.

r3dt@rget, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  4. AbdullahZahid

AbdullahZahid Active Member

Best Answers:
    .edu links are important. Even if they are no-follow.
    As you said No-follow is not passing POWER to your website but you do need a good quantity of that as that will make suspicious if you have just DO-FOLLOW backlinks.
    BTW, I have heard many people who ranked there website with few NO-FOLLOW links !
    So this is possible as long as its quality backlinks.

AbdullahZahid, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  5. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you trust everything you hear? I can tell you from my own personal experience that you can rank #1 for keywords without any backlinks or promotion at all. It all depends on the keywords and competition. I managed to rank not one, but two websites #1 for search terms that get 70,000 local searches a month. No backlinks, no advertising, just a blog and content. Go ahead and tell people to spam their unrelated website on 50 no-follow .edu blogs. You know where that gets you? It puts you in the category of websites that will be washed out in the next Google update. Google will always find a way to pick out the bad apples. Every trend in the SEO world eventually comes to an end and does not work anymore. If people focused more on content and marketing and less on worthless no-follow blog comments they would find success more often.

r3dt@rget, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  6. Andri Kurniawan

Andri Kurniawan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well r3dt@rget, maybe you can share here how to get #1 on search term that get 70.000 local search. What software do you use to get that keyword?

Andri Kurniawan, Jun 5, 2013 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Really? I think not. Matt Cutts disagrees with you, too (watch the video, he discusses it in there).

And why bother paying attention to links from .edu/.gov? Those sites are so heavily spammed, abused, by people like yourself that links from any UGC area should be given no weight.

ryan_uk, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  8. Focl

Focl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Best way is if you own some edu sites :)
    Hard to get, but it is possible.. one month of hard work to get 1 regular edu site (blog)
    Links from EDU are very strong, but i dont think that good way is spaming edu blogs.
    Everytime you spam in comments it can more hurt your site

Focl, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  9. Kimura

Kimura Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, I've also gotten highly competitive keywords to rank without going nuts over backlinks. I'll put together content and interview experts in whatever niche I'm working in. I usually do email interviews and create roundups with experts which eventually get reposted and generate links. Eventually, the content I develop will generate links and create situations where experts are willing to guest post on our blog. I deal almost exclusively with ecommerce, but surely this could translate to an informational site in some capacity.

I do see some value in finding link rot from the competition, then emailing the webmasters. It'll usually generate some links.

In terms of .edu and .gov links, I tend to look it from a business standpoint. For example, many universities have discount programs for staff and students. If your business offers a discount, then I could see pursuing that avenue. It's a post-Panda world. :)

Kimura, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  10. shaamblaze

shaamblaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Edu links its much needed one if we have strong back link good pr juice will be passed for our blog as i have tried some edu sites they put the comments in moderation after 2 days i will get approved

shaamblaze, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  11. omthoke

omthoke Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure and then there are blogs on .edu domains where you can always drop genuine comments rather than spamming the heck out!

omthoke, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  12. Nercciss

Nercciss Member

Best Answers:
    oohhh here is google expert , hehe edu and gov backlinks still carry lot of weightage in the eyes of google , people are ranking high using edu backlinks and you misguiding every one ,

Nercciss, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  13. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

misguiding what like you perpetuating a false belief that mostly stems from something Matt Cutts was mis-quoted on back in 2006 kind of misguiding yes?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    Revelations-Decoder, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  14. Nercciss

Nercciss Member

Best Answers:
    blah blah i see results myself using edu and gov backlinks thats why i say that .(sorry for my bad english)

15. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:

but the point is it's not that they are .edu

.edu are not given any preference by Google for such things over other sites

so blah blah right back at you wise arse

to quote Matt Cutts from 2006 >

16. Nercciss

Nercciss Member

Best Answers:
    get edu and gov backlinks for your website and see results

17. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:

get your incontrovertible evidence that shows a direct correlation between a top 5 page 1 result in Google SERPS gained by having a .edu backlink from such a blog comment then wise guy...

18. BestySEO

BestySEO Member

Best Answers:
    .edu blog comments are about as dated as flared trousers.. I'd rather not bother having a backlink chucked in amongst 5k+ other spam comments, it will end up doing more harm than good in the long run.

BestySEO, Jun 12, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  19. Kimura

Kimura Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. It does seem like a monumental waste of time nowadays unless a link to your site from a .gov or .edu provides some type of value, whether it's a business, service or some type of valuable or usable content. For example, I'm a math professor in Anytown University, so I decide to link out to free math or statistics tutorials.

If you run <insert>douchy spam blog or site</insert>, why in God's name would I link to you? Also, as you point out, the amount of spam occurring on some of these sites is massive.

Kimura, Jun 12, 2013 IP
    raj085 and ryan_uk like this.
  20. davejgenus

davejgenus Peon

Best Answers:
    i had a page ranked 12-15. just two weeks ago i set up a link from .edu and it jumped into the top5 - this was my toughest keyword. also, that page is now popping up over other relevant pages for different keyword searches. it does matter.
    looking for a .gov link

davejgenus, Jun 22, 2013 IP