1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alert settings

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by danols, May 1, 2013.

I like the detailed ability to get alerts in in the DP interface but I don't want to get an email every time I trigger an alert. Haven't been able to find where I disable receiving emails from the alerts.
    Is it not possible to keep the alert functionality within the DP UI and not receive 20 emails a day?

Solved! View solution.
    danols, May 1, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What type of alerts? New posts in a thread, or?

digitalpoint, May 1, 2013 IP
  3. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Go to Preferences and find Setting => alert Preferences.
    make sure to check watched forum and watched thread as well.
    Hope it helps.

Edit:
    1. I didn't notice the new reply above.
    2. OP, answer the question and you'll get the answer.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
    Arick unirow, May 1, 2013 IP
  4. danols

danols Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't want to get emails for any type of alerts. I really like being able to specify in a detailed way what I want to be alerted for and then view all this in the Latest alerts page and the alert notification popup at the top right of the forum but i don't want to receive an email for the alerts. It generates too much emails. I am fine with going in to DP once or twice a day and see what has happened and the latest alert page is a great starting point. Sure I can solve it with some filter in my email client but was hoping that I didn't have to do that since I think that's a bit overkill.
    Hope that makes it clearer

danols, May 1, 2013 IP
    I do understand about your situation. Receiving high volumes of emails may not good idea. I do setting the preferences to receive the email whenever new post/thread created in DP. You can do the oposite to NOT receive the email by following the step in my previous comment. Just got to Control Panel (your profile and navigate to Preference => setting => alert preferences).

The notification sent by DP is good features to inform user about new content. If you turn off the notification to your email, you wouldn't receive notification. But don't worry, whenever you login to DP, you'll receive notification in the upper right corner of the screen.
    I recommend to receive email for any post/thread but each people has different opinion.

I hope it answer your question. Last, you can check whenever setting available in your Control Panel (profile in DP). I was seeking a link to help you setting the preferences in DP. I believe other will give you link about it.

Arick unirow, May 2, 2013 IP
  6. danols

danols Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    OK thanks for your help. I will play around with the settings a bit and see what happens. I just dont want to loose the alerts in the DP UI since they are great

danols, May 2, 2013 IP
  7. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    I like the default settings for DigitalPoint alerts. Like seeing when someone quotes me or replies to a thread I'm watching, but I simply don't want to be emailed about each and every one.

How can I set it so that I still get all the alerts I like, but NOT receive any emails about them?

Thanks!

Thriftypreneur, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, Jun 11, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  9. ActiveFrost

ActiveFrost Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ActiveFrost, Jun 11, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  10. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. I solved the question by choosing a "Best Answer" moments after I received the solution.

[​IMG]

If you're not seeing it marked as solved, you need to contact DigitalPoint forum support.

11. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    No my friend. I already understand your problem being solved. I know about it and that is why I say "I wish OP already solve the question (and I think the problem already been solved)."

You can ignore my comment.
    If you don't think I should delete my comment (to avoid confusion), I'll gladly do it.
    I was thinking my comment maybe helpful for another new user which may have the same problem. Sometimes there are new user coming to another threads by using search.

The link in my previous comment has less detailed instruction (I already said about it).

I do apology to create such confusion. Once you say it is okay to remove the comment, I'll gladly remove my comment.

Arick.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Arick unirow, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  12. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    I think the confusion is from the way you worded your sentence. No problems, sorry if I misunderstood you. Good luck. :)

13. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    For some reason, I've selected it to not send emails, yet I'm still receiving them.

Any ideas?

14. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure then, thats one for shawn to sort out i think, i know i unchecked it and i don't receive any, maybe the system needs time to update.

malky66, Jun 11, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  15. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the understanding...
    I really appreciate it. All member in DP are friends. :)

Yes, I know about this. Sometimes it need time for the system to fully apply the 'rule' (your new setting). Sometimes it is good to not receive email for 'your watched threads' rather than completely disabled it.

Try 'unwatch thread' and I wish it solve your problem. Please understand I'm not familiar with DP. I believe other will help you.

Arick.

Btw, I got a warning because of this but I think I deserve it.

Edit:
    1. It is weird, The warning was gone. Maybe it just me thinking it was a warning. maybe I need to get some sleep. :)
    2. I didn't realize if malky already respond with the same answer. I maybe few millisecond late.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Arick unirow, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  16. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That is the default for new replies. Existing ones can be changed here:

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/watched/threads

digitalpoint, Jun 11, 2013 IP