1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook competitor ?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Mohammad sadaqat, Jun 8, 2013.

Hello!guys
    which social network is the competitor of Facebook According to your point of views
    1. google+
    2. twitter
    3. pinterest
    But i think these social networks can not beat the facebook..........if you have any suggestion give me then i will make my site and beat the facebook..........

Mohammad sadaqat, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  2. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    None of them as none of them has the same structure.

Twitter is a microblogging platform which introduced some multimedia functions (adding videso and pics) but lacks of all the other features found on Facebook, and the dynamic of the site is quit different.

Pinterest is a sort of bookmarking/clipping-oriented website so, once again the service is structure very different than Facebook is.

I left Google+ for the last paragraph on purpose because this is probably the only site that resembles Facebook. However we cannot say it is a competitor, but Google response to keep their goals ahead after finding themselves in the embarrassing predicament of being unable to buy Facebook as they have bought other websites/services.

Google Plus tries to replicate Facebook but unsuccessfully and the only way to create a "success aura" around it has been enforcing their use, because now all of us using any other Google service are pushed to open a Google+ account to gain access to certain services.

In example, actually it's impossible open a YouTube personal account if you don't sign for a Google+ account first.

Enforcing registrations is the only way they can show a large number of Google+ users when they would not join to this Facebook clone otherwise.

Mystique, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  3. dontstop

dontstop Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a big fan of Facebook, but none of these is nowhere near to FB. There is no real competitor, and will never be in the near future. Although they are both nice and successful, Twitter and Pinterest are a completely different platforms. Google+ lacks the popularity and active user base of FB, it's kinda like Facebook with no one in it.

dontstop, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  4. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google+ could be the threat to Facebook in times to come. It is really good for business and SEO right now and people are gradually beginning to get inclined towards it.

traxport121, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  5. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    adbash, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  6. believersboard

believersboard Member

Best Answers:
    I do not agree with you. Facebook was not the first social networking site, it met myspace and took over from myspace.com. Before Facebook took over from myspace.com most people think it was impossible for any social networking site to beat myspace until facebook come. So, there is no site you can't compete with, though it may take time, money and effective strategy to beat your competitor and lead in your industry, but I suggest putting all effort to satisfy your customers instead of thinking for ways to compete with the big fish.

believersboard, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  7. dontstop

dontstop Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I said "There is no real competitor, and will never be in the near future". The key phrase is "the near future". The near future is, let's say, 3-4 years at least. Of course nothing lasts forever, but it will take time, and this time is not now.

And yes, you're right about Myspace, but in my opinion Myspace (or at least most of the user profiles there) was a messy and ugly site with a confused interface. It also has more limited target group of users than Facebook. So it was easier to be beaten.

dontstop, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  8. johnhalsell

johnhalsell Member

Best Answers:
    Google plus is going to beat the Facebook

johnhalsell, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  9. Kyle King

Kyle King Member

Best Answers:

I hope so. I hate facebook

Kyle King, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  10. Mohammad sadaqat

Mohammad sadaqat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    woa guys you give me a lot of information I really thankful to all of you thanks:)

Mohammad sadaqat, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  11. alexandrubitca

alexandrubitca Active Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to facebook and google+, the point with competitors is that those two are damn giants and they simply buy the competitor :) For example this is what happened with Instagram - facebook just bought it, simple as that :) Google is also buying every new thing that becomes a trend. So, if you want to create a site that'll beat facebook, when your site gets famous, it'll be much more possible that facebook or google will buy it from you or even with you included :D

alexandrubitca, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  12. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook has no real competitor, it`s well established and none of the above have extra features that would interest people to change Fb for them. As FB is evolving and improving, i can`t see any real threat to it`s supremacy in the near future.

webcosmo, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  13. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    arrisweb, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  14. Mohammad Asif Ali Zaman

Mohammad Asif Ali Zaman Member

Best Answers:
    Let Me DuckDuck for you ..
    http://lmddgtfy.net/?q=Facebook%20competitor%20
    Code (markup):

Mohammad Asif Ali Zaman, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  15. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DuckDuck doesn' help. There is no facebook competitor now.

arrisweb, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  16. income_by_internet

income_by_internet Member

Best Answers:
    google + so great specially forums & am using to boost my traffic on my channel on youtube :)

income_by_internet, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  17. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is obviously Google Plus.

rashida, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  18. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    They all compete with each other. Also, they are different from each other in the way the connect with people and the way members share their information with everybody.

Gianni Palazzo, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  19. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems that Google+ would be the strong competitor in future, other social sites don't dare to compete with Facebook as well.

SERPpoint, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  20. OM.SEOExpert

OM.SEOExpert Banned

Best Answers:
    Great discussions about top social sites. Whole world know that Facebook and Google+ are competitor for each other.

OM.SEOExpert, Jun 21, 2013 IP