1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to raise traffic for new game blog

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jimmytran86, Jun 10, 2013.

Hi everyone, I am stuck at raising traffic for my new blog. It is Web Game 360, covering free to play browser game news & reviews. Can you guys have a look at it?
    Its address is http://freewebgame360.blogspot.com

jimmytran86, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  2. sherly

sherly Member

Best Answers:
    If you are willing to invest a little, you can buy traffic via facebook ads (get more likes for your facebook page) or google adwords.

sherly, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  3. jimmytran86

jimmytran86 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds good. I haven't used them though, so am trying to figure out how to not burn my budget.

jimmytran86, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  4. sherly

sherly Member

Best Answers:
    establish more backlinks and try to get ranked on certain niche/keywords to get more organic traffic.

sherly, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  5. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have good unique contet, you can do a lot.. Without that, it is just struggling.. Try backlinks, social media promotion, facebook ads, google ads...

VukasinI, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  6. Deepak Chaubey

Deepak Chaubey Member

Best Answers:
    Hello I can help you to Increase your blog traffic. I'm an expert in Blogger SEO and Backlinks Building. MSG Me for more details. Thanks !

Deepak Chaubey, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  7. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Free Traffic Generation Tips:

SEO
    * Find some low hanging fruit keywords relevant to your audience and try to rank for them.

Community
    * Build out your community of fans. Make sure you are converting eyes into fans.
    * Engage with your fans on social media. Pick a few key spots and develop a disciplined engagement strategy.
    * E-Mail list. Make sure you're collecting emails and sending regular updates to your community.
    * Enfgage with influencers in your niche. On their sites. On social media. Reach out to them personally.

Content
    * Make sure you have unique, fresh, well written and valuable content on-site and off-site.
    * It's all about creating a solid user experience so folks will be inclined to come back and even share your work with their friends.

That's it for now. PM me if you have any questions or comments or if you need some help.

David Tile, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  8. WeCreateCash

WeCreateCash Member

Best Answers:
    Try a well done Press Release with good distribution. You'll pay money for it, but it's great exposure for your blog.

WeCreateCash, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  9. chandler.bryson

chandler.bryson Member

Best Answers:
    There are some good game forums like gamespot, Videogamer. You can promote your game blog there and participate in the community, help people in playing games and getting their level done in the games.

chandler.bryson, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  10. kjb

kjb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The first thing I'd do is invest in a domain name and hosting to show everyone you mean business. No point directing traffic there otherwise IMO.

Keep the blogspot account for SEO purposes.

Another thing I'd do is create awesome content people will want to read - but being a game review website I assume that's something you've already done.

Next thing I'd do is drive traffic via social media, whilst gradually building up my SEO rankings.

kjb, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  11. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    You can look for other games websites, like forums and blogs and you can build your fan pages through social media websites too.

lesa mitchell, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  12. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    You can use forums and the social media platforms like facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

Gianni Palazzo, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  13. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would start with making comments on gaming blogs and forums which allows you to promote your site through your signature. So everytime you make a post you would have a link that goes back to your site. Make sure to post good info that would be helpful to the members of the thread. This is great if you don't have much of a budget. If you do have some money to spare you can outsource the SEO, so you can start getting ranked for some gaming keywords. This will also get you some decent traffic.

gkuang2, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  14. Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that video marketing is the best for gaming niche!
    Look on YouTube and see how much views those videos are getting!
    Also, my opinion is that many people interested in games,
    spend some time watching videos on Youtube.
    So, making videos and uploading it on YouTube is one of the ideas.
    Make sure to do your keyword research homework
    before you actually create videos.

Branko Zecevic, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  15. Mastercode

Mastercode Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, youtube would be the best way to get free traffic to your website. You can make few videos talking about the hottest games.
    Im 100% sure this will increase your traffic.

Mastercode, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  16. dsmpub

dsmpub Active Member

Best Answers:
    Share your posts on social networks and social bookmarking sites. Try to build a community of fans who are interested in computer games. Write a few reviews and submit them to article directories. Join forums and chat boards that are related to your niche. This is a great way to interact with people who are interested in free browser games.

dsmpub, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  17. wzn888

wzn888 Member

Best Answers:
    there are many ways to increase your blog's traffic
    Do some SEO work,ranking your blog higher on search engine,this takes time and you need to know how to build backlink in proper way
    doing video marketing which has proven to be the one of the best way to traffic,upload video related to your niche to video sharing site like youtube,stick to it,you will get targeted traffic
    share your site to social media site like FB,twitter,then will also help you a lot if you have many friends,likes,followers,etc in your social account
    or you can use paid ad to get traffic,try PPC,PPV,or Media buy,but for paid method,you must understand what strategy works best so you can get what you paid for.keep learning!

wzn888, Jul 13, 2013 IP