1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone Stopped using Facebook?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by wisdomtool, Jun 9, 2013.

I used to be a fanatic of Facebook since its early days, playing the Dragon where it is one turn per day. I built a super powerful Dragon. After that Barn Buddy where I was nearly the in the Top Listing but I gave up before Farmville etc came out. I mean it is quite a waste of time. Also I communicate and update my Facebook a lot. But recently I stopped my Facebook. I think privacy is a big concern, also the fact that Facebook is trying very hard to monetize its services. Don't feel comfortable with my private information out there. Final reason, the amount of time spent on Facebook can be used for much better purposes. Anyone else stopped using Facebook?

wisdomtool, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  2. dontstop

dontstop Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're kinda right, it is a waste of time. But philosophically speaking, isn't everything a waste of time?

I myself have started using it too late after realising that almost everyone I know is already there. I've also stopped using it for a couple of months, but then came back.

From my observation many people "delete" their accounts simply for dramatic effects, or to get some attention in their private lives... ;)

dontstop, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Think very carefully about who your friends are and cull often. If you wouldn't say "Hi" if you bumped into them in the mall then it's time to go. From those who are left, privacy isn't an issue, they can find out what you've been up to anyway - fb just makes it quicker.

sarahk, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I deleted my old account when I had something like 3,500 "friends" as it became pointless and unmanageable. I started a new account, have like 500 people on the list now, which I think is an ok number if you are there to pick up information and have likeminded people on your list.

Blogmaster, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  5. webinsane

webinsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I deleted account 2 years ago. I have been internet geek for 15 years and I already have eye/back problems. No time for Facebook and friendly chit chat.

webinsane, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't use it to chit chat, but it's a great place to get current information if you friend the right people.

Blogmaster, Jun 10, 2013 IP
    dontstop likes this.
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Why not just cull? If you have to think about why someone is a friend then it's time for them to go.

I've got some facebook friends who I have never met and must have friended them in the early days before I really "got" what was going on - but I really enjoy their posts and they add something to my day so they stay on, over the years I guess we've become actual friends. Others who I friended about the same time are long gone because when their names came up in my friend list I didn't get a warm, fuzzy feeling.

sarahk, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  8. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I've used Facebook much more now and left vB Forums

Shazz, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  9. amber.long83

amber.long83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    use facebook for making money .. it's really interesting then :p

amber.long83, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I also deleted my account 2 years ago. I just never got into how pointless it all was. For some reason *everybody* wanted to be my friend. The problem is that I'm not a particularly friendly person.:cool:

Spoiltdiva, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  11. gyahoo

gyahoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I think quitting it is impossible, specifically if you're a webmaster..

gyahoo, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  12. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:
    I have but it can be useful for some things, but the people on there aswel as privacy is a joke

dedideals, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  13. alexandrubitca

alexandrubitca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I kind of don't care about the privacy as soon as there's nothing in my behavior that I should be aware of. However, I'm using facebook rarely now and the reason is it's EdgeRank algorithm, because it's useless to interact with 5-10 friends while others 2k posts are hidden from me. So I switched to twitter.

alexandrubitca, Jun 18, 2013 IP