1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online Biz for Non English Speakers?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Toplink, Jun 9, 2013.

OK, what kind of online Business do you think they could start?

My Brother in law and Sister in law live in Thailand and have very limited English. They struggle to find a decent job that pays more than $400 a month and work 6-7 days a week. Life is not easy for them. Yet both are smart and have college educations.

I run a few businesses of my own in Australia some of which are online. I’m thinking that some kind of online business would be good for them, as I can help with training, materials and back office support. But what kind of business?

The lack of English skills really has me stuck. Web site building, SEO, content writing…….all of these require English language skills if they are to reach a broad global market. The Thai online market might be a bit limited I think?

So is there an online business (targeting a global or broad market) that they could do, that does not require English language skills?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

I guess the other option is to do an online business focused purely on the Thai market? But not being able to research that myself (I don’t read/write Thai), I’m not sure how mature the market is or what the competition might be like.

Toplink, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Did you guys mull over the idea of selling Thai related products on ebay? This way they can reach both English and non-English speakers. They will have to give a try to various products (what sells, what doesn't) and then if you help them with good descriptions of products in English, who knows, may be it can become a way to their financial freedom.

qwikad.com, Jun 10, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  3. Domain.gs

Domain.gs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know you mentioned they are smart and have a decent education but what are their actual skills?
    I know I`m stating the obvious but launching any business has a far better chance when the owners have some knowledge of that particular model.

Domain.gs, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  4. mysteriox

mysteriox Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about MuayThai equipment?

mysteriox, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  5. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you guys start a dropshipping site. You can handle all the customer questions and stuff. They can just handle the order, which they would send to dropshipping companies and have them order it. That doesn't require using the English language. A lot of stuff can be outsourced to get the site up and running. you can also find out what they are good at and use those strengths to help the business. Hope this helps.

gkuang2, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  6. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Easiest thing for all of you would be to open a Thai Web Design and Development Company.It will give you some decent money,and once your market is established you can get lot of projects too.

eric_wahlberg, Jun 14, 2013 IP