1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I optimize my site for a keyword?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Env o, May 13, 2013.

I own the game website
    http://fun-free-online-games.com/

I am looking to rank on the first page somewhere for the term "fun free online games" I have the .com domain, it may have hyphens but I still think I have a good chance.

My question is, how can I optimize it to rank on the first page for that keyword, I feel like if I can do that, I can get some really good traffic to my website and overall make some good money!

Thanks for any help.

Env o, May 13, 2013 IP
  2. solomon.flik

solomon.flik Member

Best Answers:
    see for example you are writing about "apple" then your description must contain the word apple it must be repeated here and there so Google thinks that your website talks more about apple and then they make you top in that keyword "apple" ( they call this as keyword density)

solomon.flik, May 14, 2013 IP
  3. DmitryS

DmitryS Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to optimize a "site" for a keyword but you need to optimize the CONTENT in your site. But you should to avoid the "keyword spam" in the posts, i mean the great keyword density. Also you should optimize the images, categories, tags and so on.

DmitryS, May 14, 2013 IP
  4. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a highly competitive keyword. Try aiming for specific games and rank for those like "free flash games" or "play games online for free". I suggest you participate in gaming forums and promote your site there as well as on social media sites as well.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, May 15, 2013 IP
  5. Bofia

Bofia Member

Best Answers:
    There are a number of sites that will analyze your content for the ideal % that your keyword should appear. Its best to not to write your keyword too much.

Bofia, May 15, 2013 IP
  6. solomon.flik

solomon.flik Member

Best Answers:
    lol no worry about it keyword is important even i do the same for the site it works for many years and i am top in Google for example try to Google it "Google like login" , "pagination in php " my site is ranked top :)

solomon.flik, May 15, 2013 IP
  7. Env o

Env o Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help guys,
    I am pretty set on being ranked kn the first few for fun free online games, although ranking higher for individual games would be nice as well.

Env o, May 15, 2013 IP
  8. Affiliatehelpr

Affiliatehelpr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

I agree with you. That is a broad keyword... Try finding a different variation of the keyword, preferably a longer tailed keyword that will allow you to rank easily and you'll still be generating traffic for that topic but just a more targeted group. But if you can find about 4 or 5 rankable keywords you'll drive a significant amount of traffic back to your site which will help to increase your ranking for other searches as well.

Affiliatehelpr, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  9. solar2005

solar2005 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to build quality links toyour site as well as optimize the optimize the pages for the keywords.

solar2005, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  10. passcrk2005

passcrk2005 Member

Best Answers:
    check your competition ( always your competition will be the top 10 from google).
    See their backlinks for these words, check the number of backlinks, check the total number of backlinks from the competion websites which use the anchor text on"fun", "free" or "online games".
    After that start to link building on relevant websites.
    From the moment when you will gonna reach your competition total backlinks on that particular keywords, you will have a chance to be on the first page. (anyway, there can be hundreds of factors which can include your website (or not) in the top 10, but at least try the link building.)
    - when you start the link building, you must be carefull, you don,t need just to have backlinks on that keywords (that keywords must have most 15%-20% of your total backlinks, the other backlinks must have the anchor text like: click here, look here, yourdomain.com, etc....)
    - don,t forget to have unique perfect content
    - on page seo (is a need)
    - in the same time don,t forget about socials (facebook, twitter , google plus)

and you will have a chance... :) good luck

passcrk2005, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  11. waqas-ahmad

waqas-ahmad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can optimize, use the keyword in your site content generously and don't create boring stuff that people think that you are just focusing on something and not giving anything they are looking for, that will be acceptable for search engine as well. Using a keyword maximum 4 times no more and create quality content. Use keyword in keyword meta tag and description meta tag. That will be the main concern for google.

waqas-ahmad, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  12. OM.SEOExpert

OM.SEOExpert Banned

Best Answers:
    Your keyword is in you domain, so you get benefit for this. You need proper onsite seo work only like:
    • Good content updates time to time
    • Relavent title
    • meta tags
    • images attributes (alt, title and images name)
    • Headings
    • Internal linking
    • make site W3C validate
    • Google XML sitemap
    • Google Webmaster setup

All most get top ranking and build some high PR guest posting links.

I hope get you Top ranking and lots of traffic

Good luck:)

OM.SEOExpert, Jun 22, 2013 IP