1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Main Site becomes a subpart of a website. Any effects on SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by HiSoC8Y, Jun 7, 2013.

Ok,

Let's say I start a site which is only a blog, at www.domain.com. Later, the blog becomes a small part of a bigger site with more content, categories...etc.

Should I start the blog address as www.domain.com or from the start (since i have plans to have more content and making the blog part of the site) make the site www.domain.com/blog/

In terms of SEO, any effects? What do you suggest? domain.com or domain.com/blog/?

Thanks guys,

HiSoC8Y, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  2. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I (a majority of the time) install blogs on a keyword friendly URL like say domain.com/main-key-phrase because there is not one person looking for my thing for the word blog(s) unless it is related to WP SEO which it might have in common with the word "blog".

There are many reasons for this (and I won't go into them in this post). Now if I have/had a blog installed on the index page and wanted to change things I would simply load a htm or html index page and then the old blog php index page would be over ridden as the first page by the html page thus negating any need to have the headache (and to my mind needless time wasted) or trying to work out other ways to change where the blog goes (bearing in mind I mean when you already had it installed on the index php location).

Of course this means having a html index page as it might get a little more complicated should you want to not use a html index page as oyu would of course likely want another php system, and you would have a conflict between WP and said other php system both wanting index.php use. Easily made less complicated by again installing any subsequent php cms sytsem needing an index page in it's own "keyword rich" folder.

That's my simple way of dealing with such things. How others do it we will no doubt hear/see below perhaps...

Revelations-Decoder, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  3. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start the website at www.domain.com/blog/ from the beginning, you don't want to have to do a bunch of redirects to keep the value of links you have gained.

oseymour, Jun 9, 2013 IP