1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Latest Google Penguin Recovery Help required

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Charles K. Oliver, Jun 8, 2013.

Hi guys,

I think my website got hit by latest Google penguin 2.0 update. I need solid advice or tips that how I can recover my blog from this major update. I know that a lot of discussion is already going on but I need SEO after penguin 2.0 update tips.

Charles K. Oliver, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Don't be a spamming idiot is my #1 tip. Sites end up being a victim of Penguin for a reason (whether the owner spammed or paid someone to do it).

As you didn't provide your domain, only general answers can be given.

Get a list of your backlinks from Google Webmaster Tools and determine which ones are spammy. Get as many of those links removed as possible, disavow the rest (just disavowing alone doesn't guarantee success, real effort is required).

Re-evaluate your SEO method and focus more on earning links rather than paying, spamming or similar. Develop a long-term strategy about marketing content and earning links with longevity.

Also, check your on site to ensure you're not using anything stupid that Penguin looks for (such as keyword stuffing, spun articles, etc).

ryan_uk, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  3. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We will need more specifics. What date did you start to see a traffic drop? I've seen a number of algorithm changes in just May alone.

oseymour, Jun 9, 2013 IP