1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should we do in SEO now after Penguin update?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by luckymoksha, Jun 3, 2013.

What should we do in SEO now after Penguin update?
    1. Article submission?
    2. Free Blog posting ?
    3. Directory Submission?

luckymoksha, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  2. passcrk2005

passcrk2005 Member

Best Answers:
    what everyone has with "directory submission" - are not good at all...

passcrk2005, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You could just try writing a few good pages that focus on proividing the best answer to a search query and doing so on your own site(s)...

Revelations-Decoder, Jun 3, 2013 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Should do those and everything else, i would focus on content more than SEO promotion.

webcosmo, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  5. localhost8080

localhost8080 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    each of the three thing you talk about are old-hat now.
    when you talk about seo, are you talking about google-specific optimisations?
    there are lots of things you can do from a technical standpoint, eg the simple things, like checking your h1 tags have your key phrase in them. other things like writing good, human readable, unique content is worth its weight in gold.
    there are other things too like link building (though link baiting is much better - get other people to share your content, it will spread more naturally and google will see it as that)

localhost8080, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  6. inclineseo

inclineseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    whatever you do works fine, as long as you have 3 main components to your site. Authority, diversity, and good on page seo, make sure whatever you do regarded to link building though are high quality, and not just some cheap fiverr gigs with 1k OBL Links and 0 PR

inclineseo, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  7. markwill1980

markwill1980 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As someone else has mentioned- those are "Old Hat"... That doesnt mean dont do them. But I would say do those sparingly. Very sparingly. To expand on the Link Baiting over Link Building. This is probably the most important thing a site can do. Create content people like. Yea, Yea, Yea. "Content is King", yea, yea, yea... But what does that mean for you and I...

Create excellent content. Stuff people want to share. Ofcourse, for most people, that means putting their heart into a long post. Ok. Great. But thats not it.

Create the OTHER stuff. And make it super easy for people to grab and link to you. So create some graphs, do some polls, do a survey, etc... Create stuff that can be put into tables and/or visual elements. Then provide a link directly under it with an embed code. This will make it super easy for people to link to you. Also, for the images. Put a little watermark on it, so if its viewed on other sites people will know where it originated.

As for your manual link building. Do not waste time on Pagerank 0 or "n/a" sites. 10000000 links from PR0 sites are worth less than 5 links from PR4 sites. Quality over Quantity. The reason i started this line with "as for *Manual link building*" is because i am targeting what you can control. Its natural to receive links from PR0 sites. And nothing wrong with it. But you should (as much as in your power) have more high quality sites linking to you than low quality No Pagerank sites.

P.s. Quick tip to end this post. I would shoot for 500+ words per page. If a few fall below that, ok, but if above- Great. Some people may say 600+ or 700+. But I have seen many pages in the top of google with less than 300 words. But the whole reason most people are viewing this area of this forum is because they are building new sites. And new sites need to look good. The sites that have been around for years and have a gazillion backlinks- they can afford some pages under my recommended standard. You and everyone else that are building fresh sites need to keep high standards.

markwill1980, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  8. luckymoksha

luckymoksha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    means should not do any off page???

luckymoksha, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  9. PioneerGlobal

PioneerGlobal Member

Best Answers:
    After penguin updates On page is more Important now, so focus on On page and your website's content, Keep unique content on your website.

PioneerGlobal, Jun 5, 2013 IP
  10. Manajir Ahsan

Manajir Ahsan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    submit article with good back links in high page rank site. you can get good result.

Technology News

Manajir Ahsan, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  11. jayanth.balu

jayanth.balu Active Member

Best Answers:
    This recent Penguin 2.0 doesn't have much impact on SEO like Penguin 1.0, though we need to adapt new SEO Strategies. We all know that "Content is The King" but its pretty difficult to get new contents everytime. In my opinion, we need to rethink our old SEO techniques,
    - Build Backlinks from Different Ips
    - Try Tiered Link Building
    - Vary your keywords, Don't use your Money Keyword too often
    - Try to build links only from Niche based sites
    - Don't rush in building links

I hope this information might help you

jayanth.balu, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  12. IM2013

IM2013 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    -TIered link building
    -Varied anchor text & most importantly 30% of your links should have generic terms in anchor text like
    click here, download here , ...
    -Social signals have good weightage in seo now

IM2013, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  13. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If I never submit to another directory the rest of my life, it will still be too soon! (Exception: perhaps Yahoo! directory)

Jim4767, Jun 6, 2013 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  14. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to create your own blog and post your guest entries to other blogs. They are now plenty of power. Content as usual is valuable.

adbash, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  15. Mark_34

Mark_34 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should focus on on page.

Mark_34, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  16. WeCreateCash

WeCreateCash Member

Best Answers:
    You'll want to really look at social media going forward. Google is now putting more weight on whether or not other people think your site is important. Facebook, Twitter, and G+ are the big ones. Also, I heard that your site can lose rank if it takes too long to load :eek: . You'll need a fast loading site as well.

WeCreateCash, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  17. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    I think what you say applies no matter what kind of promotion we use.

Alyssa Lochmore, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  18. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on building high quality content that answers questions that users are searching for. And when I say content it doesn't have to be a 500 word article...It could be an infographic, a table of data that is organized and answers a question that someone had.

That's what you need first before you start promoting and building links to anything, its easier to ask people to link to content that is good and interesting.

oseymour, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  19. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    We should do all activities, but keep in mind now Google wants quality work, not quantity. You have to be very clear about the site selection and content you are going to post. If you do work smartly, there is nothing to stop you from getting on the top. Submit more on high page rank dofollow sites.

emn, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  20. alexandrubitca

alexandrubitca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Let the on page SEO be your priority and choose the appropriate and trustful sites for the off page SEO. And, of course, write all the posts by your own, no spam. And you should be fine.

alexandrubitca, Jun 10, 2013 IP