1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Lance - Starting out

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by LazaRuss, Jun 9, 2013.

Hello

I am looking for a change in direction in my career and having dabbled in web development in the past I thought I might see how things go with that. The problem I have though is that the design has never been my strong point, im more of a logical thinker than a creative thinker so I was always better at web coding than design. But if im looking at free lance work then I expect I will need to design as well as code so I was wondering if anyone can offer me any advise or point me toward a good resorce on web design etc. Or can I make it as a freelance coder?

Anyway, any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks

Solved! View solution.
    LazaRuss, Jun 9, 2013 IP
    In fact if you are good in coding Learning it's enough to start a good freelancing career... the Graphic design gona be a plus but now day people are in a need of web developers... i think you have to focus on what you know, improve your skills and learn about the new stuffs in codeing than loosing time learning about design...

Goodluck

themes4all, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  3. LazaRuss

LazaRuss Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice, I will post in the programming forum for more advice about codeing. Thanks again

LazaRuss, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  4. Keltichiro

Keltichiro Member

Best Answers:
    You can definitely make it as a freelance coder..there are sites out there that let you sell code bits (sliders, news tickers, javascript scripts, php plugins, etc,) if that's more your thing. You could also team up with someone that's more of a designer than a coder, and double team it!

Keltichiro, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  5. LazaRuss

LazaRuss Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Keltichiro. Can you recommend any good sites? Need to get a good idea of what I could code, no point in doing somthing that has been done a million times before.

LazaRuss, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  6. Keltichiro

Keltichiro Member

Best Answers:
    I've used CodeCanyon and ThemeForest a bit, I like those. TONS of categories.

Keltichiro, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  7. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    most coders suck in design; almost all.
    many coders work with designers to compensate. you might try that route.

webcosmo, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  8. LazaRuss

LazaRuss Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I will do that, thanks guys for all your help. Now im off to refresh my memory on HTML5 and CSS, and then on to learn Javascript maybe, see how things go.

Thanks again! :)

LazaRuss, Jun 16, 2013 IP