1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Stuff

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by MasterwebX, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I'm in many groups, but I didn't see like this. It not prevents people from spamming. It against any idea how a forum should be...to connect people. I'm not hunting behind likes. My time is more expensive and I didn't pay for a membership that give's me nothing.

Posting is writing and its time-consuming. If I write anotherwhere I get paid for (but I don't do this because I'm no article writer). Its useful to give points for posts but this like is pure bullshit (sorry for that rude word).

I'm looking around a bit in DP (I not really need to do that, because nothing really special). But I think it was a nice idea to be a member of DP. But if I get no likes (and I think I didn't get ;) it tooks long times last) I will say BYE BYE.

MasterwebX, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you give up that easily then BYE BYE . As to all quitters out there, I say bullshit to you!

Spoiltdiva, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  3. MasterwebX

MasterwebX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You must try to be more relaxed Spoiltdiva :)

4. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:

[sarcasm]ohh please don't leave you're such an asset to the forum[/sarcasm]

malky66, Jun 9, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and ryan_uk like this.
  5. MasterwebX

MasterwebX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would give you some like...but sorry I can't

6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I'm French, we are a passionate people. Passion is a good thing as it prevents one from ever being boring.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Did you see how the forum was beforehand? No, you just joined, so you're commenting on something you're clueless about. That, and the other changes Shawn made, curtailed the spam. Sure, some still happens, but to a much lesser degree. It's working, get over it.

And again, you're Mr-So-Experienced-With-Forums but have no idea when it comes to rules, restrictions, spam prevention methods, etc. They all have them.

Then why are you on a forum? Use an agency if you don't have time.

Or alternatively pay for premium membership.

Then I have to ask, why are you here still?

Contradicting yourself.

ryan_uk, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  8. MasterwebX

MasterwebX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @ryan_uk
    Sadly wrong again. I know the old DP Forum from before and I join it as well. I am of the same opinion as Zirkon_Kalti. The older forum with normal rules was better. To say its all about spam prevention is silly. 1000 others don't have more spam problems. To use a quota, for example 50 or 100 useful posts! before you have access to some services is useful. Its in your own hand to get a good member. But not by a system normal members have to judge you with likes. Its not FB and we are not in 1984 (we have 2013 ;))

Paying for what? Sorry let me say (as I say before) I didn't see anything I will give out 125$. With this money I can make a complete promotion campaign, advertising in newspapers or make a tv spot :) I got offer strange "free" downloads without knowing what I can get for free. Things like Final Cut Pro X or the newest Photoshop will be a reason for a membership. Or downloading free content for websites.

I hope the "ability to impress chicks by saying you have premium membership" is just a advertising joke. They will give a fook on and call a doctor if I say some like that :)

I like to talk with people, making business contacts. If its fun, I will take time to post.

Hope this explains more my thoughts about this system. If the owner says "hey I want to make some $$$ thats why we have this rules..." it will be ok and I understand. I like the truth, not the fishy...

MasterwebX, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  9. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

I love people who out themselves as having duplicate accounts. It is like failing a public IQ test.

browntwn, Jun 10, 2013 IP
    robjones, ryan_uk, malky66 and 2 others like this.
  10. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "I'm French..."
    I have to admit that I am very surprised at that revelation for sooooo many reasons and seasons, so delightfully spent when I was a kid, in the Provence and of course in Paris, way back when.... !

In any case, as a well wisher of DP, please let me say that there is a lot of difference between being passionate and being just plain rude, nasty and a bully.

You may not realize it Spoiltdiva, but a large number of the members here will tell you (if they only could) that you do come across as a bully and a very very rude and nasty person.

DP is after all a commercial enterprise and I can not for the life of me think of any other commercial venture, where one of the most senior administrators treats the members/clients in the way that you do.

Again, please do not take this in the wrong way Spoiltdiva, as I am only saying what a VERY large number of members here would like to say, but are not able to say, because they need to sell their stuff on DP and are scared of being "banned".

Please do forgive me if what I said hurts you in any way, but all that I have said above is absolutely true.

"I'm French, we are a passionate people. Passion is a good thing as it prevents one from ever being boring."

That may be so Spoiltdiva, but may be in the future, a bit less passion and a bit more compassion for the clients/members of DP could well be the best option :)

What say you?

All the best.

mytechiestuff, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  11. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Pretty sure she is just a member like you and me expressing her opinions. Not sure why you caller her a "senior administrator".

In any event, you are being very hypocritical, since we have seen you express your opinion quite aggressively and rudely yourself here so you have no business complaining about others who may or may not being doing the same.

browntwn, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @mytechiestuff
    It appears that for some odd reason, you seem to think that I am somehow aligned with the staff, I am not. Yes I can be a bit outspoken and very direct if I think it's required. But many members PM me and also e-mail me to thank me for various reasons. I do speak my mind and often my sense of humor is not appreciated nor understood, as my comment about French passion.
    You do *NOT* speak for everyone and come across as quite arrogant in presuming that you do.
    All the best.;)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Jun 10, 2013 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Spoiltdiva is not a "senior administrator" or any other kind of "staff" in this "commercial enterprise".

sarahk, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  14. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to share my experiences:
    1. In case everyone forget about it, Here is DIGITAL POINT's STAFF
    2. I have read few messages in this thread and SpoiltDiva wasn't rude at all. Sometimes we have to understand why a something happen. Bad things will result in the same manner while good things would get great result.
    3. Sometime miss understanding happen. The best thing to overcome it is by laughing together.:D
    Please understand I only speak based on my experiences and are purely my thoughts and do not represent any community or group in particular. use the best practices, thoughts and ideas from my comment at your own risk

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    Arick unirow, Jun 10, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk, malky66 and Spoiltdiva like this.
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @Arick unirow...........This ) has debated me several times and disagreed with me, and has chosen this way to strike back, it's as simple as that.;)

16. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    "It appears that for some odd reason, you seem to think that I am somehow aligned with the staff, I am not."

That is even more of a surprise!!!

Well, in that case it would be so nice if you could please contain your self and NOT get involved with every apparent problem involving the DP!

As for what you have or not have said in your posts, its easy enough for you to go back and actually look at what you have said to the members of DP.
    If you would like me to, I would be happy to get some of my guys to gather all of your responses to the DP members over the last year or so, for you to actually see what you have been saying to them!

17. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    My dear browntwn,
    You are of course wrong in your opinion here, but I love your signature quote "Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." and therefore I am happy to have your opinion as it is.

But then if you were actually trying to be fair and reasonable about this, then you would take the time to look at the posts by the SpoiltDiva (I guess that the hint is in the name!) over the last few months in response to a large number of DP members and see if there was any truth in what I said.

18. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    "I have read few messages in this thread and SpoiltDiva wasn't rude at all."

"Need more likes? Simple, just help the others."

I see what you mean :)

I also see that you have added a very thorough disclaimer at the bottom of your post, just in case:
    "Please understand I only speak based on my experiences and are purely my thoughts and do not represent any community or group in particular. use the best practices, thoughts and ideas from my comment at your own risk"

Way to go Arick!

19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    And what about all the posts where I've helped newbies and given them advice. I suppose you'd leave all that out right?

20. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    "And what about all the posts where I've helped newbies and given them advice. I suppose you'd leave all that out right?"

Not at all SpoiltDiva. Good karma is always useful.

But overall, can you hand on your heart, say that you have not been really nasty to more members, new or old, than those that you have been kind to?

Again as I said if you would like me to, I would be happy to put together a team to actually spend time and gather all of your posts and then may be you could see the plus and the minus of it all.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that you really are a nice person at heart, but do not always have control over what you say over here on the forum and much more importantly, the potential effect of what you say on the person that you say that to.

I suppose all of us do that every now and then, but you have been doing it with such regularity and such a great frequency, that I really believed that you were one of the admins!

I would bet that I was not the only one to think so!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.