1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bit coins as payment

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by gcgipson, Apr 16, 2013.

1. mrcoffee

mrcoffee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Im working to incorporate a system of my own called CoinZ
    ironically I started this before bitcoins came around.

Member pays real money Via paypal, which is set by Admin $1.00 =1 CoinZ
    change goes straight into a ''Bank'' until it rolls to the next $1.00

Then, forums, and downloadable content are locked in a Shop. it requires CoinZ to open, and doing so subtracts from CoinZ

Therefor, people can buy--and sell content with security. no money leaves hands.
    you can view the infograohic here
    http://www.slideshare.net/planofaction/how-coin-z-work

mrcoffee, Jun 5, 2013 IP
  2. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    BTC looks stable for last 1 month so its not a bad idea now.

karthimx, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  3. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I beg to differ, I would encourage the use of Bitcoins. For those having it, dun just keep it. Spend and transact using Bitcoins and help popularize it.

wisdomtool, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  4. Steve202

Steve202 Member

Best Answers:
    Bit coin will crash and fall sooner or later. There is simply no way it can maintain its current value. Not worth bothering with in my opinion.

Steve202, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  5. escrow.ms

escrow.ms Peon

Best Answers:
    It's good but price is not stable, so accept payment but don't hold bitcoins for long time. Get them exchanged for USD in every 1-2 days.

escrow.ms, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  6. wexzone

wexzone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can tie the value to USD with services like bitpay. They take 1%, but you get instant conversion to USD, so accepting bitcoins is easy.

wexzone, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  7. sshoaibahmed

sshoaibahmed Member

Best Answers:
    yep its a Good idea because now a days, its growing quickly :)

sshoaibahmed, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  8. MasterwebX

MasterwebX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We accept it now for our hosting plans. It works well, can't say anything bad about. I'm not so worry about the exchange rate. If I'm selling pizza, ok I'm more worry :) But some pizzashops accept Bitcoins now.

MasterwebX, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  9. Cyanic

Cyanic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As a service/product company, not accepting bitcoins means that you are fine with losing a portion of (what could have been) your target market. If you have a competitor that accepts bitcoins, then you can already kiss those customers goodbye.

Though the bitcoin value has stabilized compared to previous months, I don't think we've seen the last of significant value fluctuations. However, there has definitely been a significant increase in bitcoin support worldwide.

Apart from Bitcoin, as a business owner I would personally consider all other crypto-currencies to simply be pump-and-dump schemes, including Litecoin. Sorry to the Litecoin lovers! :oops:

Ultimately, even if you don't believe in bitcoins, you can simply sell your goods (for bitcoins) through a payment processor that'll immediately convert the bitcoins to local currency. That way, you don't have to concern yourself with fluctuations in the bitcoin/dollar/euro exchange rate.

Lastly, if you're concerned about fees such as currency conversion, then be smart and compenstate by (slightly) increasing the price when paying with bitcoins.

Providing alternative payment options, such as bitcoin, can easily be seen as a competitive advantage.
    Hope this helps everyone with deciding whether or not they should accept bitcoins. :cool:

Cyanic, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  10. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First, Bitcoins have not been hacked---it's Bitcoin exchangers whose accounts or sites have been hacked. Second, solutions to making Bitcoin simple for the regular person to conduct transactions with are coming along. Several sites already exist to provide a simple processor interface based on Bitcoin currency, but automatically processed through the dollar or euro.

Others are creating an open source, front end processor program that is also run on a peer to peer network, that works with/through Bitcoin. That would make for a stable, easy to navigate processor that parallels the stable alternative processor.

melprise, Jun 9, 2013 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  11. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Bitcoin is worth evaluating, though the sudden jump in prices causes massive deflation of the Bitcoin which makes it detrimental as a currency. After that the violent swings of prices is making Bitcoin too volatile. It needs a much bigger community of users who do actual transactions to slow down its volatility.

wisdomtool, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  12. MasterwebX

MasterwebX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    perfect explain, Cyanic!

As I say, if you start with bitcoin now and you have a higher % of profit for your services: Do it!!!
    If you got only a few % and later Bitcoin wil drop down 20% you business maybe are in Danger.

But I have a good feeling with Bitcoin. Now Liberty Reserve is gone. A big chance for Bitcoin!

MasterwebX, Jun 10, 2013 IP