1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Developing an Effective Business Plan

Discussion in 'General Business' started by The Can Man, Jun 6, 2013.

After doing a little bit of research, I have found most sources to recommend building an effective business plan before searching for investors or partners. I want to develop an well-developed plan for my online business idea, but I have had a hard time finding examples to help me out. The majority of the samples I find are for commerce and manufacturing businesses.

Does anyone know of a good source where I can find example business plans for online businesses? Just for research purposes, it would be cool to find examples of a variety of business types. Let me know if ya'll have any sources.

The Can Man, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  2. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know any specifically but try doing some research on Google, you can find all the info you need. Good luck.

ninjamtlt1, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  3. Millionclarke.com

Millionclarke.com Member

Best Answers:
    Actually it's probably the first stop for anyone really looking for anything on the web. How much do you know about this new business? Why are is probably a good idea to reach out to experts in the field get some feedback about their top issues and concerns to know better market research before you worry too much about business templates forms get some statistics and data. Once you have found a resource you to iTunes U and Google will get you the information you're looking for

Millionclarke.com, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  4. The Can Man

The Can Man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sounds like google is the first place to start! Thanks guys!

The Can Man, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  5. erezson

erezson Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wrote few biz plans for startups that I wanted to get fund. First of, if you have some extra money you can pay to company or even student who just learned biz development or something like that.
    Besides that I would suggest you to think as an investor: What would you expect to see in the plan?
    • About the founder
    • About the product
    • What problem your product will solve?
    • If it won't solve - what is the added value compare to competitors
    • Potential market for your idea which will include graphs
    • Company feature structure as CEO, CTO, Marketing, Developers, Designs, etc.
    • Financial plan in Excel that will be integrated to the biz plan
    I have two tips that may give you a boost from the investor point:
    1. Make the business plan fat. As much as more pages, graphs etc - Better!
    2. Print it and make it as a book. When you come to an investor and put him this book on the desk, he has something to take to the toilet to read. Probably - he won't forget you.
    Hope it helps and good luck!

erezson, Jun 9, 2013 IP
    The Can Man likes this.
  6. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should agree with me that there are thousands of business plan online and it is not guaranteed that you would get success if you use any plan randomly.... you need to use one according to your skills then you are going to get success I would say.

SERPpoint, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  7. The Can Man

The Can Man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks! This helps! Also, what is the best way to contact the investor? E-mail? Phone? In person? What do you think?

The Can Man, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  8. erezson

erezson Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad I could help. feel free to like my comment. :)

Regarding approaching investors - it depends if you are looking for VC then they usually have a form you need to fill.
    If its Accelerators/Hubs - there is a manager who usually publish his email.
    If its an Angel - look for his email. This is what I did. but be aware that you need to have a bombing email as you would make a cover letter for job application.

If you don't have mingling issues - go and get them in conventions, but be aware you're not the only one.

But one last thing before you do all this - Think if you want to fund money. If you need to invest around 5K I would suggest you to consider and invest in yourself and not to approach investors

erezson, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  9. The Can Man

The Can Man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You're right, and that is one reason I asked on the forum. I have done some google searches before, but I want to see a variety of plans. It is important to cater the plan to what you are doing, and the majority of the examples I find on the internet are commerce based businesses. It is a little more difficult to find quality examples of other types.

10. The Can Man

The Can Man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks again! I would like the comment... I can't however. I need 3 likes myself before I can.

11. erezson

erezson Active Member

Best Answers:
    anyway, I hope I helped you here and good luck.

erezson, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  12. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    adbash, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  13. The Can Man

The Can Man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks! This provides a really good outline for any business plan! Saving this link for sure!