1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Biden: ‘We Don’t Want to Blow It’ on WMD Call.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by grpaul, May 10, 2013.

WASHINGTON–Vice President Joe Biden said in a magazine interview that the White House is responding cautiously to evidence that chemical weapons were used in Syria, citing what he says were the lessons of the George W. Bush administration.

“With all the credibility we’ve gained in the world, we don’t want to blow it like the last administration did in Iraq, saying ‘weapons of mass destruction’,” Mr. Biden said in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine.

His remarks represent the administration’s most explicit comparison between the Bush administration’s approach to Iraq and President Barack Obama‘s approach to Syria.

Some human-rights groups, Republican lawmakers and others have pressed the administration to take a more forceful role in Syria, where the bloody conflict between rebels and those loyal to Bashar al-Assad has led to the deaths of more than 70,000 people, according to U.N. figures. Some have called for instituting a no-fly zone like was done in Libya in 2011 or arming some rebels. The Obama administration has said it is considering arming the rebels.

And while President Obama did order the military to institute a no-fly zone in Libya in 2011, the Assad regime is believed to have a strong anti-aircraft defense system that would make such a move more risky.

Mr. Obama said earlier this week that the U.S. has a moral and national security obligation in seeing Mr. Assad leave power, but can’t make decisions based on “perceived” use of chemical weapons.

“We have evidence that there has been the use of chemical weapons inside of Syria, but I don’t make decisions based on ‘perceived.’ And I can’t organize international coalitions around “perceived.” We’ve tried that in the past, by the way, and it didn’t work out well,” Mr. Obama said in a veiled reference to the Bush administration’s argument that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

Mr. Biden also talked about the administration’s failed efforts to get gun laws tightened, which was a major blow to the president’s second-term agenda.

“We’re going right back at it,” Mr. Biden said, adding that he thinks lawmakers will come around now that they have seen what he characterized as greater public support for tightening gun laws. “There’s pace on the ball now; this is a different country.”

Rolling Stone also asked the vice president about what many people see as his close relationship with President Obama. He said he spends and average of four to five hours with the president each day. “Literally, every meeting he has, I’m in,” Mr. Biden said.

Source

grpaul, May 10, 2013 IP
  2. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you, like the majority of those in the media, are blowing it Joe.

All the credibility you've "gained" around the world. . . . It's amazing how delusional these people are!

Last edited: May 10, 2013
    grpaul, May 10, 2013 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What a pigs breakfast of gems from crazy Uncle Joe.

"With all the credibility we’ve gained in the world"

Mr. Biden said, adding that he thinks lawmakers will come around now that they have seen what he characterized as greater public support for tightening gun laws. “There’s pace on the ball now; this is a different country.”​

Obama: “We have evidence that there has been the use of chemical weapons inside of Syria, but I don’t make decisions based on ‘perceived.’​
    -----------------

Turkish Premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan: "It is clear Assad has used chemical weapons"

CNN
    animals.jpg

--------------------------

It amazes me that Joe is in a position of "leadership". Leaders practically NEVER say things like "We have credibility", or "We have gained credibility". The only people who use words like that are people who have none.

I don't tell my kids I have credibility. My kids find my words credible because I follow through on my promises, and my threats. Consistently. Even when it is inconvenient for me to do so. I also don't lie to them. Ever. One big obvious lie and your credibility is gone forever, you Benghazi idiots.

This kind of limp dick leadership is a blight on our nation as a whole. Its pathetic. The fact Obama leans on this retard, spending an average of four to five hours every day with him tells you everything you need to know about Obama, as if we didn't know enough already.

We have no business in Syria. The "Rebels" are Saudi backed jihadi fundamentalists. The Assad government is Iran backed America haters who sponsor terror against Israel. If Obama wanted to avoid the mistakes of the previous President, he wouldn't get involved, and he sure as hell wouldn't make bogus threats, using words like "Red Line" which he had no intent on following through with, when push came to shove. What a pathetic moron.

Obamanation, May 10, 2013 IP
  4. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Holy crap, so freakin true! Lol

Sad that these morons get away with it though (in some people's minds)...

grpaul, May 11, 2013 IP
  5. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your remarks remind me of a cowboy negotiation I was in a few years back. One of the guys at the table, someone we had little experience with, at one point started saying "As a businessman - when I do business, I am a businessman and as a businessman, when I do business, I want to..." At this point, they guy lost all credibility with us. We tagged him as inexperienced in entrepreneurship, a 9-to-5'ver.

Yes, but we have a Democratic president, and remember the old adage, "Republicans want a large army and want to send it few places. Democrats want a small army and want to send it everyplace." How many undeclared wars has Obama gotten the U.S. in? Three? Five?

Corwin, May 13, 2013 IP
  6. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

grpaul, May 13, 2013 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  7. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Benghazi, IRS, AP News:

[​IMG]

grpaul, May 14, 2013 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What a terrific video.

Corwin, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  9. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And another.

Funny how we suddenly stop hearing about all of the scandals. . .

grpaul, Jun 5, 2013 IP
  10. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  11. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

"You just called - and we - were listening...!

Corwin, Jun 8, 2013 IP
    grpaul likes this.