1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling a recurring subscription

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by MadDoc, May 15, 2013.

There are plenty of ecommerce solutions available that allow you to sell digital downloads using PayPal, Google Checkout, etc but I was wondering if there are any that allow you to easily set up a subscription service? Through my website I will be selling subscriptions to my site but I'm not sure what ecommerce solutions are available to make this easy.

MadDoc, May 15, 2013 IP
  2. Roger Pelt

Roger Pelt Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am little bit confused, it would be better if you elaborate your question again.

From how-much I understood your question. You can develop the system which will allow and fulfill your requirements or your should get such service provider.

Roger Pelt, May 15, 2013 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Magento has good mods for that but they are a tad pricey. That tends to also pertain to your payment processor as well.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, May 15, 2013 IP
  4. johnmdotme

johnmdotme Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The most affordable solution would be http://www.foxycart.com, I too have been looking for this type of solutions for years now.

johnmdotme, May 15, 2013 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, May 15, 2013 IP
  6. johnmdotme

johnmdotme Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have no idea what you are talking about. You dont pay to edit the TOS, enterprise means they will help you write a custom TOS tailed to your website. There is no cheaper recurring billing solution that is as good as this, especially if you are a developer.

Heck, Paypal charges $60/month just to get the ability to do subscriptions and recurring payments, then you have to find a solution to implement it.

I'm highly experienced with every ecommerce platform and have worked on over 300 large ecommerce sites.

Every good provider that allows subscriptions/recurring payment on any decent platform charges a lot.

johnmdotme, May 15, 2013 IP
  7. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Maybe this is what you are looking for:

http://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/merchantservices/automatedrecurringbilling/

browntwn, May 15, 2013 IP
  8. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can make a subscription button that you put on your site through paypal. It automatically collects payments from your customers every month.

gkuang2, May 15, 2013 IP
  9. dinesh.gene

dinesh.gene Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need a subscription script which should manage your recurring payments and generate reports accordingly. I am not 100% clear with your requirement, but I tried SaaSFit for my recurring payment problem, Hmmm it works well for me till date. One thing I love with SaaSFit is its flexibility and MercuryMinds the provider helped me a lot to customize it to best suit my business needs.

dinesh.gene, May 16, 2013 IP
  10. Buzas

Buzas Peon

Best Answers:
    subscription button via paypal
    paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_subscr-intro-outside

Buzas, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  11. Yedi

Yedi Active Member

Best Answers:
    woocommerce has that kind of plugin if your site runs on wordpress CMS

Yedi, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  12. Millionclarke.com

Millionclarke.com Member

Best Answers:
    And give you a few pointers
    1 – the clients will be more concerned with security. You need to find a solution that would be easy for you to manage and secure and protect clients use. Also if you're just starting out you probably don't have a web reputation. For this reason I recommend you use PayPal to receive recurring payments and subscriptions. The PayPal logo on your site to reassure your site's visitors that your legitimate, verify untrustworthy

. 2 if you're selling a recurring subscription whatever your charging you need to be able to justify. Focus your time on the value of your offer see your targeted clients. In a best case scenario they would be more concerned with getting what you are offering than worrying about how you're getting paid. If you'd like we offer 30 minute free consulting at my website million Clarke.com should be a private message and I can personally review your site and give you some one-on-one feedback

Millionclarke.com, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  13. MasterwebX

MasterwebX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on what services you want to sell. You always have to check the TOS very exactly.
    For a regular and safe subscription service to give access to a membership area, you need to have a real Payment Provider that allows Memberships.
    With Paypal you can setup a recurring service. But its very unsafe as customers can take back the money after they pay. It looks also not so professional.

MasterwebX, Jun 10, 2013 IP