1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to boost ones career?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by hyacinthleamonrou002, Jun 5, 2013.

How to boost ones career? How to unlock ones potentials?

hyacinthleamonrou002, Jun 5, 2013 IP
  2. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all starts with yourself! The first step to boost your career is to believe in yourself, and realize that you can do anything you set your mind to. It's all about mindset!

ninjamtlt1, Jun 5, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  3. The Can Man

The Can Man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Having an effective resume is key (unless you are self-employed). If your resume is weak for the direction you want to take, it is hard to get your foot in the door. You can build your resume quickly by seeking out quick certifications and free opportunities (community service and volunteer hours are a great way to get experience without experience to start with;)... ). As ninjamtlt1 said, you really can do anything. Sometimes you have to find creative routes to where you want to be, but I promise you can get there.

The Can Man, Jun 5, 2013 IP
    HomeDesigner likes this.
  4. Daniel Carso

Daniel Carso Member

Best Answers:
    The trick is to stay in the now. Don't try doing too much but rather the things that matter. If all depends, if you want security (a job) build up a nice set of skills for yourself, offer help or work for cheap to gain experience, build contacts who could reply to your referral calls. You have to sacrifice at first (don't work for the money).

If what you want is a business, get the word (security) out of the equation, then begin to observe out there, any business is a matter of supply and demand, customer service, no more no less.

There's really no key to unleashing your potential but a good set of habits; persistence, discipline. If you have none get out there and live a little, sometimes that helps to trigger those tapes in our minds. :)

Daniel Carso, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  5. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

I agree with you.

I think people should have faith in themselves and in their abilities to succeed in whatever they start in life. It might take awhile to be where you want to be, but eventually if you keep trying you get there at the end.

Gianni Palazzo, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  6. Carl Mason

Carl Mason Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basic principle should help you start thinking;

MENTAL CAPITAL + RELATIONSHIP CAPITAL
    =
    FINANCIAL CAPITAL

1. Think/List of you're MENTAL CAPITAL: what are you good at? if you could be paid to do any job in the world what would you be doing? what makes you passionate? What skills do I currently have? what skills could I'm gain to get to where I'm going?
    2. Relationship capital: who can help me get closer to my GOALS! for example (digital point forum members:)) ex collogues, etc business directories (build positive relationships). How can I serve these people? how can I build on my current relationships with the people that I can call on?
    3. Financial Capital. Work on your MENTAL and RELATIONSHIP capital - the rest will look after itself

Best Regards
    Carl

Carl Mason, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  7. Manzila

Manzila Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have fait and confident on yourself. Think what you want to do in life. Research about it and go for it.

Manzila, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  8. OkinaraWeb

OkinaraWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    7 Points - Act and think them for 7 Days.
    1. Pick a career that you love - regardless of money, prestige or any kind of status quo attached to it
    2. START- start wherever you are.
    3. Go The Extra Mile - e.g. If you're putting 8 hours into your career, start putting 10(quality hours). Get better at what you do and the easiest way is to do more of it, or increase quality, accuracy, or customer service depending on your field of work.
    4. Have a Goal/Target/Vision/Mission. If it doesn't come, it's okay. Let it come to you. Do this AFTER you've put some effort into what you're doing i.e. points 1 to 3.(seems counter intuitive, but do it this way anyway)
    5. Get a mentor - Someone better than you and who is 'successful' in your view. Or Simply start by reading a book, watching a video attending a seminar in your field of work.
    6. Re-Define and re-direct your goals, efforts, education etc...as required
    7. Be committed, be honest with yourself, put yourself on the line, take a few risks, stay positive and persistent.

OkinaraWeb, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  9. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    A great way is to be friendly! Say hi or good morning to your colleagues when you go to work. Saying Hi to people makes a big difference and leaves a better impression. :) People would start to notice you, talk to you and help you. SMILE! and besides smiling makes you feel better too :)

Howard Lim, Jun 11, 2013 IP