1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Know Exactly Whats Bringing Down My Traffic?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by THPubs, Jun 4, 2013.

About a month ago, my blog (techhamlet.com) started to loose traffic very rapidly. The bounce rate have also increased. So I started to write about the content that my readers mostly want... About Linux stuff. But still the traffic is going down.

The only problem is, im not an SEO expert. I have no idea what is going on. I don't know what to do to review my blog. To know that I need to know whats going on. There are many possibilities.. SEO problems, Google problems, Hosting problems, content problems... How can I know this? Please help! Please tell me how to pinpoint the real problem!

THPubs, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  2. THPubs

THPubs Member

Best Answers:
    I even lost all the gogole sitelinks!

THPubs, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  3. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it happened out of nowhere, it's most likely a Google update. The best thing to do is do some research on the latest Google update.

ninjamtlt1, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  4. mizaks

mizaks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely a result of the Google update last month. Check Google Webmaster Tools to see what keywords were hit hardest.

mizaks, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  5. Karshim Kanwar

Karshim Kanwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey you run a serious blogging business. That's good. If you are making good income with it, why not hire a SEO expert for a month or two and get this issue fixed?
    For me and for any normal human your WordPress blog looks good until we see the big insight picture which includes Analytics Stats, Webmaster tools understanding, Keyword ranking stuff, your wrong off page linking, lot more....

Karshim Kanwar, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  6. infernal199

infernal199 Member

Best Answers:
    ya check google webmaster tool

infernal199, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  7. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check your webmasters tool and check your Google Analytic -

Also, about a month ago Google released a new Update that affected so many sites including mine as well. My traffic decreased after this update but I am working on getting it back up with simple strategies you can do too.

I found out which backlinks were affecting my rankings - anyone has ever bought Forum Profile Backlinks?

The last Google update was to eliminate these types of backlinks because Forum Owners were getting bombarded with people that will only get an account to get a backlink from the profile. So this does not work any more and if you have too many of them from Forum Profiles that were only created for the backlink then Google might have sand-boxed some of your content.

I am not sure about any other things this last Google Update might have changed but that is one thing I can tell you.

I'll share with you once I know more about this last Google Update ;)

Hope this helps! :cool:

Snoopy240, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  8. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In order to understand what is bringing your blog traffic you will need to monitor your Analytics details carefully and also take a look on the keywords you are ranking for as a loss of ranking will of course also result in a drop of traffic.

Sensei.Design, Jun 30, 2013 IP