1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Concentration! Keep it!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by craig crawford, Mar 26, 2013.

I find that sometimes I can get a little distracted and begin to lose focus...

So... What do I do?

First thing... I set myself 60 minute slots of consistent time to work! I then have a little break.. and then go do another 60 minutes.. and so on...

I remove anything that is going to distract me. Mainly an open browser containing Facebook, Twitter... You know the ones ;) haha

I turn my phone on silent and move it in to another room.. If at home, I turn the television off too (If I am on my laptop in the lounge etc...)

Don't let things distract you! It's easily done (I know it first-hand.. ha ha ;) )

Good luck!

Craig

craig crawford, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  2. The Can Man

The Can Man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the post. I have tried some of the same things. The one thing I would add is to outline goals and then develop plans for those goals. This can be critical in personal production.

The Can Man, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  3. Stemar

Stemar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many apps that can help you to schedule your work and keep track on it. Marking the tasks as completed one by one can really motivate you. Even a simple excel file can help you. Try and you won't regret it.

Stemar, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  4. zaisk

zaisk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It"s big problem for me. Interference between tasks usually result the lost focus and low in results. Thanks for post, it's worth attention and think about that for mostly of us

zaisk, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  5. sharondzouza

sharondzouza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great suggestion, once you make up your mind then you can surely concentrate and achieve what ever you set for.

sharondzouza, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  6. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as you want to achieve a goal, your concentration will be high,successful people do things when they don't want to.

HomeDesigner, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  7. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

Thanks Craig for the advice.

I am the opposite. I have not problem in keeping focus in what I do. My problem is to sit and actually get started with the task and getting done.

It takes me ages to finish off things that I already started weeks ago.

I am fighting against it. It is not easy to overcome this type of problems when you are working from home as your own boss. It takes a lot determination and willpower to succeed.

Good luck to you.

Gianni Palazzo, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  8. Carl Mason

Carl Mason Active Member

Best Answers:
    Will Power:

I often train my mind to tell myself that I'm playing a computer game to finish most of my tasks,
    (TRELLO) is very good organization tool

Its always occurred to me, never once did I have a problem concentrating on the PS3-
    for numerous hours.

Why should it be so tough concentrating on my work from home? (DISTRACTIONS) :eek:

I always tend to listen to audio books now whilst I work, get the most out of your day.

Best of luck.

Carl

Carl Mason, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  9. The Can Man

The Can Man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Carl, audio books are a great way of getting focused! I find myself doing the same thing. I can stay focused on tasks for hours while listening to a book.

The Can Man, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  10. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very good idea, it works well. Only I do mine in 30 minute chunks, that works a lot better for me.

ninjamtlt1, Jun 7, 2013 IP