1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A5 Flyers

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Klikkit, May 7, 2013.

Has anyone had any success advertising their business/freelance work with A5 flyers?

I'm thinking of getting some designed for my freelance web design, do they work?

I'm based in the UK, and not sure if door to door would benefit me. It's around £75 for 5000 high quality A5 Flyers, and I have an idea of how I'd use them.

- I'd get 5 individual stacks of the flyers (all the design's will remain the same)
    - Each individual stack will have a 10% or so promo code (so 5 codes over all)
    - I'll get friends to deliver the stacks (5 friends, 1000 each)
    - Pay them 10% of each sale made via their respective promo code

This ensures the flyers are distributed properly and allows the distributors to earn more money than they would otherwise.

Again, I need to know if they work, and what kind of design aspects to implement on them.. How much information should I put on them? What do you look out for in a flyer?

Klikkit, May 7, 2013 IP
  2. EdenEvoX

EdenEvoX Active Member

Best Answers:
    A promotional code will help, however think about where you are going to deliver them. My suggestion would be local businesses and even existing design houses. Keep your design simple yet informative, make sure you have your social media links etc on there as well because people may want to see more work. This is a good idea because I think at your stage any advertising is good advertising.
    I got a lot of my work through my website, submitting it to local directories and making sure my SEO was good. If you need any more help just drop me an email :)

EdenEvoX, May 7, 2013 IP
  3. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Flyers end up in the bin.
    If you want local business, advertise in the local paper. It's usually ridiculously cheap.
    Even though newspapers are dying (and dropping their advertising prices accordingly), there are plenty of old school business people that still read the local paper on the toilet, while eating breakfast etc...

Kerosene, May 9, 2013 IP
  4. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am also really curious about this.
    While some people say that these flyers are effective I haven't really seen people that pay much attention to them.

Avener, May 9, 2013 IP
  5. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 5000 leaflets right now in front of me, which over the coming weeks I will be giving out to local business owners but not door to door just to biz owners.

So will let you know.

BTW try http://www.leafletfrog.co.uk/ they have 5000 DOUBLE SIDED for £58, free delivery including VAT and the printing is nice I know I have 5000 here

Revelations-Decoder, May 9, 2013 IP
  6. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do these actually work?
    Do you have any rates (percentage) of how many people that actually view and opt-in?

Avener, May 9, 2013 IP
  7. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:

I just wrote I have 5000 so will let people know. However I am not giving them out unless I speak to the people I give them to so they will be seeing them or I won't be giving them, I am way to tight to give stuff out for free if not interested when I can give to someone who might be.

If not I might just as well avoid the middle man and throw in the bin myself.

Effort must be made to IMHO.

8. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I read that you had 5000 but I was interested in the amount of people that actually view them.
    Do you have any coupons or codes that are on these flyers that allow you to see how many of the 5000 that actually used them?

Avener, May 9, 2013 IP
  9. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    No it's not something what I am doing needs. I will know without needing coupons or codes. But I just said all 5000 will get viewed at somepoint or they will remain withme until they do.

I don't have a thing that requires blind blanketing though.

10. rolodex

rolodex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I printed 20k copies last 3 years when I started my food business. Door to door, face to face, and cars to cars. We don't have any outlet during that time, so it's only delivery. First day of business, we had about 20 calls for delivery.

3 years later, we have 3 outlets, and still using the flyers to market our products. And we have FB Fan page as well on the second year, without using any online marketing service, we have 2k likes on flyers alone. A bit sad.

True, flyers end up in the bin, but some fans they keep it. We have an evolution of design on the flyers and they collected them all. It's cheap and effective, but requires a lot of manpower & time. I managed to send out 5000 door to door in 3 days myself alone.

This is our business — facebook.com/mrjuniorburger

rolodex, May 14, 2013 IP
  11. BlogmasterME

BlogmasterME Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you invest that in Facebook ads?

BlogmasterME, May 14, 2013 IP
  12. Klikkit

Klikkit Member

Best Answers:

Because I have no guarantee that Facebook advertising will be seen, I know that at least a few of the 5000 flyers will be seen as they will be in people's houses.

More importantly, they will be LOCAL potential customers

Klikkit, May 15, 2013 IP