1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will you register .XXX domains if price goes down to 9?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by iisp.hk, May 1, 2013.

1. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pleasure to meet you here on DP, delix!

Thank you for the "juicy" comment, why I say "juicy"?
    As I love different view/opinion, it's a shortcut to human beings' progress and flavor to make life more wonderful.

iisp.hk, May 9, 2013 IP
  2. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    We realize that customers from China have difficulty in resolving dot XXX domain names and developing .XXX domains to websites.

Thb, 10 steps for them to get a Membership Token is relatively rather complex, especially Chinese domainers mostly do not read/speak English, let alone they need to answer the phone and note down the 4 digits PIN code spelled in English.

We've suggested ICM Registry and hope they could provide Chinese version Membership Application forms later on.

iisp.hk, May 12, 2013 IP
  3. jaewun

jaewun Member

Best Answers:
    Not really in the adult niche but a niche is a niche, if I saw an opening for an EMD then maybe I'd consider it. Not sure if it's worth my time though.

That Search.XXX search engine is certainly interesting - not from a usefulness perspective but more from a technological and internet marking stand point - of course. ;)

jaewun, May 13, 2013 IP
  4. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    iisp.hk, May 14, 2013 IP
  5. BlogmasterME

BlogmasterME Member

Best Answers:
    I would buy it definitely to protect a brand, if I had one.

BlogmasterME, May 14, 2013 IP
  6. Sport streams

Sport streams Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks

well i already started website on .xxx
    since i have many sites like that on non .xxx i will post there updates how does it go
    yes it is geotargetable domain (i aimed it to brazil) so hopefully taken as gtld

so far just little linkbuilding was done and no progress

Sport streams, May 14, 2013 IP
  7. Sport streams

Sport streams Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    trust me: domain extensions associated with certain niche are a hype that many webmasters believe

truth is that .com is universal attractor, then maybe the only niche domain is .tv

for user, especially from search engine, it does not matter if it is .eu, .me or maybe .xxx; only slight exceptions are .org and .net, because people saw them before

there is a rule that .net or .org domain cost on average 5% of the .com of the same keyword... lets throw away if it is too much or too little... but in my eyes and my experience the .eu .me .co or even .la is a decent alternative of .net/.org and i would like to see .xxx on that list

Sport streams, May 14, 2013 IP
  8. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Said this before DP database was rolled back, but repeating because posts were lost.

Actually many registrar services are offering XXX below $8, and problem is not registering the domain but making money from it to renew at regular price, which is costly, and remember that not all hosting services allow adult content, so hosting can add a financial burden when the first year registration is gone.

I think it could be worth register one as long as the individual has a clear idea what the domain will be used for, and what the sponsors to be used or money-making technique to profit from it.

Mystique, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  9. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Mystique!

The post #28 should be mine, but it was gone.

#29 is good as well, I don't care:

.XXX domain May promo already officially ended on May 31st at 23:59 UTC.

iisp.hk, Jun 4, 2013 IP