1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Can I Do- Problem with Hosting AND Registrar!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by geester1, May 13, 2013.

Can anyone help, I have registered a domain with a hosting account and I decided to host with another company as they have my other 12 websites.

On Friday they informed me to change the DNS as they were moving to a new server, so I changed the DNS at the Registrar Friday morning, however today Monday morning, the site is still down! The hosting company say the dns has not been updated but when I go into DNS settings they have been changed.

I have contacted both and hosting company tells me to contact registrar, I am awaiting for registrar to contact me. What can I do If they do not contact me as this is something that happened a while ago!

geester1, May 13, 2013 IP
  2. TiffanyJ.SSS

TiffanyJ.SSS Member

Best Answers:
    If you can send me a domain and IPs I can tell you exactly what you need to do. We move clients all the time to our servers and they never have downtime.

TiffanyJ.SSS, May 13, 2013 IP
  3. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DNS propagation may take from few hours to few days. In most of the cases the DNS propagates within 24 Hours. If the hosting company is saying that DNS is not updated then I would suggest you to recheck the DNS details with the hosting company and then see if it's the same DNS used to update at registrar end. Make sure there are no typos.

MilesWeb, May 14, 2013 IP
  4. kprojects

kprojects Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you figure this out? PM me the domain name and i'll help you troubleshoot it.

kprojects, May 16, 2013 IP