1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Stand out From the Crowd?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by BlogmasterME, May 10, 2013.

What ways do you use to stand out from thousands of blogs?

My blog is about content creation, blogging and motivation, so the competition is very strong.

I'm trying to put as much myself into it as possible, and be unique and funny; so when do you think I could perhaps expect to have first few people who will be coming back on a daily basis (first real READERS)?

BlogmasterME, May 10, 2013 IP
  2. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can provide contra content from average topics I guess.

seocrusher, May 11, 2013 IP
  3. BlogmasterME

BlogmasterME Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have anything particular in mind?

BlogmasterME, May 11, 2013 IP
  4. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just something opposite.

seocrusher, May 11, 2013 IP
  5. BlogmasterME

BlogmasterME Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, so I will write how to shut down blogs and how not to write posts, and how to do bad SEO :D and I will write that social media is bad! :D

BlogmasterME, May 12, 2013 IP
  6. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the internet is full of these blogs. There is this guy called Problogger and many others who blog about blogging and similar BS. You have no chance to succeed.

All of that is just recycled content anyway. I doubt that you will be able to write about something new.

Focus on something that you are an expert on. The fact that you are asking about this suggests that you actually have exactly zero experience in this area.

Devtard, May 12, 2013 IP
  7. BlogmasterME

BlogmasterME Member

Best Answers:
    You have a very negative view on things.

I actually believe in being original nowadays, and the reason I am asking this is also the reason I started blogging in the first place - I want to give answers.

You on the other hand seem like a regular know-it-all, so thank you kindly for your help, but it if were up to you, people probably shouldn't get out of bed in the morning.

BlogmasterME, May 12, 2013 IP
  8. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The reason why my previous post is so discouraging is because I've been running several blogs for many years and I know how hard it is to attract audience. So my advice to you is to stop before you get frustrated that nobody reads your posts which took a lot of time to write.

Of course that you don't have to take me seriously, that's your choice. I just want to point out that it will be very difficult to make your blog popular.

Devtard, May 13, 2013 IP
  9. BlogmasterME

BlogmasterME Member

Best Answers:
    I feel good while writing :) in my case success is the journey, not the destination.

So, once again thank you, but I will keep writing for as long as I feel comfortable with it :)

BlogmasterME, May 13, 2013 IP
  10. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Humor is a great way to stand out...keep doing that..and couple that with a social media marketing strategy to get the word out there. Remember..be different any way you can..show your personality! Good luck :)

ninjamtlt1, May 13, 2013 IP
  11. BlogmasterME

BlogmasterME Member

Best Answers:
    thanks ... will have in mind ;)

BlogmasterME, May 14, 2013 IP
  12. VaultBoss

VaultBoss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like being visual - I spend more time on choosing the right image for a blog post than I spend on writing that content per se.
    It pays off quite hefty, though. It is well know, this old adage:
    "A picture is worth a thousand words"

It may not be quite so worthy for SEs (although it definitely helps, SEO-wise) as 1000 well written and optimized would be, but it is fundamental in having real human visitors enjoy their journey on your blog (and wanna come back for more).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    VaultBoss, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  13. AAKASH BHANDARO

AAKASH BHANDARO Member

Best Answers:
    every single person has a different mindset since you like bloggin and it seems its your passion to write and you are fully dedicated about it so get going dude. hopefully you will get success in the near fututre.

AAKASH BHANDARO, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  14. David Hurley

David Hurley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Blogmaster. The first thing I notice about your forum posts is that you have avoided posting a photo of yourself. Yet, you are asking how you can make your blog stand out from the crowd. The most unique asset you have at your disposal right now is YOU, so why hide it? People like to feel they are dealing with real people, who they can learn to like, know and trust... so if you adopt a more personal approach (maybe you do on your blog, I'm just judging from what I see on this forum) you will have a better chance of success.

Good luck!

David Hurley, Jun 11, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  15. Lokahi

Lokahi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Find your own blogging voice. Don't replicate or imitate what others have done. Be unique. Don't force your posts to be funny. Just find a happy comfortable balance in your writing and your readers will multiply weekly.

Lokahi, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  16. Alicia Tang

Alicia Tang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think just try to share the blog as much as you can and tell everyone you know about it.

Alicia Tang, Sep 26, 2013 IP