1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link building still usefull Or Not?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Bharat Bhushan, May 10, 2013.

I just want to know in todays time with google updates link building is usefull or Not?

Bharat Bhushan, May 10, 2013 IP
  2. Andy01

Andy01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, Link building is beneficial but you need to take care that the links you are generating should be from good sites and make a note that you are not using black-hat techniques for generating links as this can affect you when Google updates are done.

Andy01, May 10, 2013 IP
  3. Jarcinfotech

Jarcinfotech Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building still useful . Use only Do-follow And High PR websites For link building.

Jarcinfotech, May 10, 2013 IP
  4. Andrew Turner

Andrew Turner Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building is still useful because it will increase backlinks to your site. The PR will go up in the search engines with the help of backlinks only. So, link building is very important for every website.

Andrew Turner, May 10, 2013 IP
  5. Jen 101

Jen 101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, link building is still useful. Link building is not only helpful for search engines to rank your site but it will also help potential clients find your site when you have links in relevant quality locations.

Jen 101, May 10, 2013 IP
  6. yunoblog

yunoblog Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, the importance of a website's social media presence is growing rapidly, but that should not discourage you from continuing to build quality links to your website. In the past, I got away with doing low-quality link building such as using forum signatures, but ever since panda rolled in, it no longer seems to work. Link building is only useful if you build from quality links.

yunoblog, May 10, 2013 IP
  7. CanSpace

CanSpace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Content is king at the end of the day. I've found putting together a legitimate quality article is literally 100x more effective than inbound links - even high authority/relevant ones.

CanSpace, May 10, 2013 IP
  8. jmjsolutions

jmjsolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can't imagine that link building will stop being useful any time soon. It is one of the primary components for ranking in the search engines. There are not many other factors besides on-page optimization, which includes fresh content, and backlinks.

jmjsolutions, May 10, 2013 IP
  9. lukeit

lukeit Active Member

Best Answers:
    no, because 99% of L. building are fake. and in google aren't stupids. who believe a link in wp comment in 2013??

lukeit, May 10, 2013 IP
  10. BusinessSpy

BusinessSpy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link building, in my opinion, is just begin and support thing for good SEO job.
    When your site is "newbie on network", link building is most important thing, it brings you all traffic you almost have :)

BusinessSpy, May 11, 2013 IP
  11. shruti999

shruti999 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, Link building is always very important to rank the keywords. Always try to build links with good content on proper niche and quality site. Google Penguin is too hard on one way links. So, always try to use smart ways to build links.

shruti999, May 11, 2013 IP
  12. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link building is important to increase link popularity of your site and also to get traffic on it. But now the time to focus on quality backlinks and not for quantity.

rankwatch.com, May 11, 2013 IP
  13. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Yes link building is still useful, if you are doing quality link building to your site, it should be natural too for better result, I would say.

SERPpoint, May 11, 2013 IP
  14. Krisism

Krisism Member

Best Answers:
    Link building is dangerous! I say that because my guess is that half of the people above saying 'link building is great' would drive a site right into a penalty. Links - those are the key, and they are essentially 'votes' of popularity for your site. Are they good? Some are, some are not.

The old link-building practices that used to work are not nearly as effective these days, and in my opinion your time is better served creating valuable content and 'linkbaiting.' Make content, tools, resources, ect. that people WANT to link to. A good linkbait is far more effective than a link-building operation in the same amount of time and it's also completely organic.

Link builders are notoriously trying to 'game the system.' That is a losing battle against Google. Let other people do the linking for you, or in cases where an opportunity to genuinely help someone comes up - drop that link for them!

If you had this same conversation a few years ago everyone would be should 'yes yes!' but times have changed and people who still build links without a broader understanding of search optimization are in for trouble. Want to grow a business on search? Use sustainable practices that are in-line with Google's goals.

That's my two cents - and I think a lot of 'link builders' these days are Blackhats without even knowing it. Be careful :)

Cheers,

Kris

P.S. Google measures far more than just 'number of links' by the way. They will look at everything from link diversity (are they all going to one page on your site, or deep-linked to other pages?) to link accumulation velocity (the rate at which links accumulate). They are exceptionally good at catching poor linking practices especially the longer it continues - and in future they will only get better.

It's a war between search engineers and blackhats, the question many people need to ask themselves is which side are they on?

Krisism, May 11, 2013 IP
  15. Airknight

Airknight Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link building will always be useful. What you should ask is how your link building is working. Link building in 90% of cases is used in the wrong way. In a grey (tend to black) way...

spamming Putting links on forums, blog, comments, digg like...Isn't a proper way to do link building, and it's not really useful anymore. When you are doing this it means, most of the time, that you're trying to win links an aggressive way because you don't have a good content. Even if it works, at best you'll gain a fake traffic and post on DP " I don't understand guys : I have a huge traffic, but my CTR is low and my bounce rate high ". What's the purpose in winning a traffic which will not be converted in money ?

Content is king, if you have a good content : link building is almost useless...Your content will create its own link by itself. Instead of focusing on link building, focus on your content, your presence on social media, and if you want to optimize your link build, try some juicy techniques such as video or infographic.

Airknight, May 11, 2013 IP
  16. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is Google system still based on backlinks? Then it is still useful.... ofcourse good and natural links only work.

Auxi, May 11, 2013 IP
  17. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Link building will never die... But the way tou build the links will change and become more practical compare to few years back where you can just spam links using Xrumer, SENUKEX. Google has been improving their bots and also the algorithm to see natural linkbuilding...

Natural link building are done through content marketing and Guest blog posting! Just stick to this two methods and you will never go wrong!

Pillai.G, May 11, 2013 IP
  18. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:

Yes what you posted is true. I just want to elaborate because its missing some words. Link Building is still very EFFECTIVE if DONE CORRECTLY but can be very DANGEROUS.

Here's my previous post on some ways to do link building effectively.
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...isk-when-link-building.2652385/#post-18566468

contech, May 11, 2013 IP
  19. Krisism

Krisism Member

Best Answers:
    Hi contech,

I do agree that in the right context and with the right scenario, outbound link building can have it's benefits - but the truth is my main concern when working with clients or even my own sites is 'sustainable success'. I view link building as a supplemental activity used in conjuction with other marketing. (IE. while some people might spin an article and submit it for the link, I will take the time to make an article a promotion within itself, the supporting links are only a bonus.)

I think the question of 'what is correct' when it comes to link building is a difficult one. If you look from a big picture view - it's pretty obvious that 99% of link building is done with the explicit goal of increasing search engine rankings (and gaming the system). Therefore, it is my belief that all link building will in time become less effective as Google has more information about organic linking. As mentioned in my previous post, they are already very very good at catching this - which makes the scalable link building programs we used to use much more difficult to do now. In the end, I feel link building is always a bit of a losing game - but if you are looking for the quick 'hoorah!' then there is obvious merit (just look at the JCPenny case).

For these reasons, I choose to do all of my 'link building' in a way that is not gaming the system, and is inline with delivering the same goals as Google. Create awesome content, connect with passionate people, and add value where value is needed. Then Google WANTS to show your content and even if someone is beating you right now as a result of aggressive link building - Google will be on your side and working on ways to have your content show above.

I do admit, link building can be a powerful way to quickly increase ranks in the current day - but in my opinion it is something that will only ever be temporary, and is not worth the risk presented for the time and resource cost. Think how many businesses literally went bankrupt as a result of the first major Panda update? Before that time, it was 'good practice' in some peoples opinion to aggressively build links with weak relevance and to churn out as much content as possible because it meant more to index and rank for different keywords. Now we know better, and need to keep thinking a step ahead to avoid those enormous setbacks or potentially devastating hits.

Great question and discussion - cheers!

Krisism, May 12, 2013 IP
  20. Munna Chowdhury

Munna Chowdhury Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Link building is really useful and still working to rank a site to google and drive visitors.If you can effectively link building is a long-lasting beneficial way for a website or blog.

Munna Chowdhury, May 12, 2013 IP